edited July 30, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
i-mnccX3J-X3.jpg

i-3H7nTrW-X3.jpg
Rags

Comments

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2015
    The first one is a bit painterly for my taste but the second is really terrific!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2015
    Lovely set! Photo art at its finest!clap.gif
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2015
    Thanks for the comments guys

The first one was printed on 40x60.

Very painterly because the viewing will be rather close and I didn't think a realistic resolved image would come out good.

I screwed up on the second one :(:. I printed with the vine row shadows on the wrong side of the sunrise (should have flipped it horizontally)
    Rags
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2015
    Rags, have to vote for #2 as just terrific. I love the foreground subject and the effect of green bleeding into the sky really works. I'm still trying to warm up to #1.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,920 moderator
    edited July 30, 2015
    Another vote for #2. I'm quite sure nobody would have noticed the shadow problem--in fact, I barely see it even though you pointed it out. So does that mean it's a composite?
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2015
    richard wrote: »
    another vote for #2. I'm quite sure nobody would have noticed the shadow problem--in fact, i barely see it even though you pointed it out. So does that mean it's a composite?

+1
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Another vote for #2. I'm quite sure nobody would have noticed the shadow problem--in fact, I barely see it even though you pointed it out. So does that mean it's a composite?

Yup it is a composite

Thanks for the additional comments

BTW... #1 is a composite with a watercolor treatment
    Rags