Options

Ride the Wind - Poetry in Motion

StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
edited August 6, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
I can't get enough of Cowgirls and Cowboys! They are rare combination of grace, beauty, skill and courage!

All criticism and kind comments are heartily cherished!

1)
1W7A6771-Edit-X3.jpg

2)
1W7A6277_new-X3.jpg

3)
1W7A6857-Edit-X3.jpg

4)
1W7A6880-Edit-Edit-X3.jpg

5)
1W7A6883-Edit-X3.jpg

6)
1W7A6983-Edit-X3.jpg

7)
1W7A6991-Edit-Edit-X3.jpg

8)
1W7A7038-Edit-Edit-X3.jpg

9)
IMG_6840-Edit-X3.jpg

10)
IMG_7526-X3.jpg

11)
IMG_7112-Edit-X3.jpg

12)
IMG_7237-X3.jpg

13)
IMG_7270-X3.jpg

14)
IMG_7330-X3.jpg

15)
IMG_7395-Edit-X3.jpg

16)
IMG_7534-Edit-X3.jpg

17)
1W7A6493-Edit-X3.jpg

18)
1W7A6491-Edit-X3.jpg

19)
1W7A6479-Edit-X3.jpg

20)
1W7A6564-X3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2015
    Taz, these are just outstanding. The lighting is purely perfect!! and the monochromatic dirt color as a background in most of the shots makes the colors really pop. I find the timing and focus on the action shots to be spot on! As a bonus, the portrait shots are lovely. I started to indicate a few favorites but the list got too long! clap.gifclapclap.gif
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    duff65duff65 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2015
    Wow those are great . You captured the action and spirit of the event !!!
    Where was this at.
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2015
    clap.gif Well, once again Taz - these shots are near perfection. As Wayne said there are too many favorites to pick one out. However, I can never resist picking a few:
    #6 - you captured the "gonna kill'em" look in the bull's eye and #11 - what an amazing capture with the horse rearing over the rider.

These are all amazing action shots and portraits. bowdown.gifbow
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2015
    Taz, great action shots!!! 6, 8, 11 and 14 are outstandingclap.gifclapbowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2015
    Taz, these are just outstanding. The lighting is purely perfect!! and the monochromatic dirt color as a background in most of the shots makes the colors really pop. I find the timing and focus on the action shots to be spot on! As a bonus, the portrait shots are lovely. I started to indicate a few favorites but the list got too long! clap.gifclapclap.gif

Thanks Wayne!bowdown.gif
    duff65 wrote: »
    Wow those are great . You captured the action and spirit of the event !!!
    Where was this at.

Thank you kindly Duff!wings.gif
    Cavalier wrote: »
    clap.gif Well, once again Taz - these shots are near perfection. As Wayne said there are too many favorites to pick one out. However, I can never resist picking a few:
    #6 - you captured the "gonna kill'em" look in the bull's eye and #11 - what an amazing capture with the horse rearing over the rider.

These are all amazing action shots and portraits. bowdown.gifbow

Many thanks Jo! Mean more than i can express!:ivar
    Juano wrote: »
    Taz, great action shots!!! 6, 8, 11 and 14 are outstandingclap.gifclapbowdown.gif

Thanks Cristobal! You rock!wings.gif

My morning is made! Thanks all!
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited July 10, 2015
    Stunning series. Just bleeping awesome. bowdown.gif
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2015
    Richard wrote: »
    Stunning series. Just bleeping awesome. bowdown.gif

Thanks Richard! I am now floating in clouds!bowdown.gifbarb
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2015
    Wow partner!!! clap.gifclapclap.gif

#7 Rocks and Rolls and Kicks and Bumps!! thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2015
    Earache wrote: »
    Wow partner!!! clap.gifclapclap.gif

#7 Rocks and Rolls and Kicks and Bumps!! thumb.gif

Thank Eric!! High 5!!:coolwings.gif
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2015
    ¡Fantastico, todos!
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2015
    willard3 wrote: »
    ¡Fantastico, todos!

Gracias Amigo!!
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited July 10, 2015
    These are wonderful! I can't come up with even the smallest nit with any of these. Incredible job.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2015
    David_S85 wrote: »
    These are wonderful! I can't come up with even the smallest nit with any of these. Incredible job.

Thanks David! My day is made!bowdown.gifbow
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,806 moderator
    edited July 11, 2015
    Super set of images.

Love your compositional positioning and vantage. Love the cropping and color. Love the action and the drama. Tremendous photographic appeal!

#14 is one of the best I have ever seen. Bravissimo! thumb.gifthumbclap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2015
    #2 -- I see the horse was kind enough to allow you to use his face as a reflector: really highlights the woman's face. Nice work, horse! And very nice work, you!
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2015
    I came back to look at this again and wonder why you didn't use motion blur in these. They are nice fotos but some seem too static.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2015
    Wonderful photos, colors light and action - I agree with the others!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2015
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Super set of images.

Love your compositional positioning and vantage. Love the cropping and color. Love the action and the drama. Tremendous photographic appeal!

#14 is one of the best I have ever seen. Bravissimo! thumb.gifthumbclap.gif

Thank you Ziggy!! I am overjoyed! wings.gif
    CCoop wrote: »
    #2 -- I see the horse was kind enough to allow you to use his face as a reflector: really highlights the woman's face. Nice work, horse! And very nice work, you!

Thanks Carter! Horses have bond with their riders so she pulled him in on her own! I love horses, too bad not good at riding!
    willard3 wrote: »
    I came back to look at this again and wonder why you didn't use motion blur in these. They are nice fotos but some seem too static.

Thanks again Willard! i agree and plan to experiment next chance I get. It is matter of getting the recipe and choice right!
    travelways wrote: »
    Wonderful photos, colors light and action - I agree with the others!

Thanks kindly Traveler!!
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2015
    Outstanding is right...

Well done
    Rags
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2015
    I have no words.....clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Stunning, tack sharp, outstanding, images to be proud of!

Sam
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    I have no words.....clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Stunning, tack sharp, outstanding, images to be proud of!

Sam

Thanks Sam! You rock! THIS is the one I sent you PM and email for.....to go! Next year then!deal.gif
    torags wrote: »
    Outstanding is right...

Well done

Many many thanks Rags! Your support means much!!bowdown.gif
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2015
    Superior stuff here, Taz. I've been to a number of events like this and it makes me really appreciate your outstanding performance is capturing and presenting the drama that underlies these spectacles. Really, really well done.

All are excellent, but several of these shots ( such as #6 ) are among the very best of this genre that I've ever seen...and I've seen a bunch of them, many by the most celebrated rodeo photographers in the world. Not long ago, in Jackson, Wyoming, I saw a one-man show of one of those noted shooters. While his stuff was certainly good, he should schedule some time with you to get a lesson or two.

clap.gifclapclap.gif

Take care my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2015
    Superior stuff here, Taz. I've been to a number of events like this and it makes me really appreciate your outstanding performance is capturing and presenting the drama that underlies these spectacles. Really, really well done.

All are excellent, but several of these shots ( such as #6 ) are among the very best of this genre that I've ever seen...and I've seen a bunch of them, many by the most celebrated rodeo photographers in the world. Not long ago, in Jackson, Wyoming, I saw a one-man show of one of those noted shooters. While his stuff was certainly good, he should schedule some time with you to get a lesson or two.

clap.gifclapclap.gif

Take care my friend,

Tom

Its a joy to hear from you Tom!wings.gifbow
    Hope you are well! Back is healing up good!
    Miss you around here!
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2015
    Geesh Taz - these are great! Every one. But #14 does it for me. Something about a pretty girl riding like that......
    -Len
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2015
    Geesh Taz - these are great! Every one. But #14 does it for me. Something about a pretty girl riding like that......
    -Len

Thanks Len!wings.gif
    Yes, these cowgirls are amazing! Another breed!
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2015
    This are very nice.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    edited July 18, 2015
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    This are very nice.

Thanks Gary!! Much appreciate it!
  • Options
    WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2015
    Dude!! These are so freaking awesome!!!! I hope you had a chance to share (and by that I mean sell) these to the cowhands.... If it was me in shotslike #5, 7, 8, 14 & 15, I'd want that for the bragging rights! Outstanding work... I never tire of the cowgirls (and to a much lesser degree, the cowboys too I guess) either.

You should really make your way up to Oregon sometime in July and take a trip with our local 4-H Wagon Train... there are some real old and weathered characters and the shots of cowboys/girls on that end of the spectrum are pretty cool too! And the food from the camp cook is awesome too... not many trail rides where you get prime rib for dinner in the middle of the nowhere forest!. I believe the 2016 trek will take you to the Sisters area which is very nice btw.....

Anyhoo, great job on these!

Lee
    Lee Wiren
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2015
    Wiren wrote: »
    Dude!! These are so freaking awesome!!!! I hope you had a chance to share (and by that I mean sell) these to the cowhands.... If it was me in shotslike #5, 7, 8, 14 & 15, I'd want that for the bragging rights! Outstanding work... I never tire of the cowgirls (and to a much lesser degree, the cowboys too I guess) either.

You should really make your way up to Oregon sometime in July and take a trip with our local 4-H Wagon Train... there are some real old and weathered characters and the shots of cowboys/girls on that end of the spectrum are pretty cool too! And the food from the camp cook is awesome too... not many trail rides where you get prime rib for dinner in the middle of the nowhere forest!. I believe the 2016 trek will take you to the Sisters area which is very nice btw.....

Anyhoo, great job on these!

Lee

Thanks kindly Lee! I am happy! July is almost over and don't look like I can get time off, but the "Wagon trail" is something I would love to do! That and Palouse Spring are definitely on my wish list! If you ever make it out to Bay Area, don't hesitate to ping me!
  • Options
    WernerGWernerG Registered Users Posts: 534 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2015
    These are terrific. The timing of the shots show wonderful gestures in the extreme action. Very well done.