George Wythe House...Panorama

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited July 26, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Just doing some experimenting with the PS CC Photomerge function lately. Visiting the George Wythe House at Colonial Williamsburg I took a series of shots on the back lawn showing the outbuildings and garden. This is the stitched together result. The fish eye aberration at the edges is a little distracting but the area of visibility in the shot is greatly enhanced. C&C's are always welcome.

Wytheyard_Panorama4-8-X2.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2015
    It's a fine shot. Why don't you try correcting the distortion? The wide-angle filter in PS works, as do the distortion corrections in Lightfoot.
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2015
    Cornflake wrote: »
    It's a fine shot. Why don't you try correcting the distortion? The wide-angle filter in PS works, as do the distortion corrections in Lightfoot.

Don, thank you! I went back into Filter----> "Lens Correction" and utilized the "Custom" option! I think it looks better after the adjustment.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2015
    I agree.
    edited June 29, 2015
    Cornflake wrote: »
    I agree.

Thanks again!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2015
    Wow! Very nice pano!clap.gifclap
    edited June 29, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Wow! Very nice pano!clap.gifclap

Taz, VERY much appreciated. It's a simple picture but I thought the lines worked well.

• CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2015
    Just beautiful! Even the clouds cooperated in this stitched pano. And I love the rich saturation of colors!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    edited July 17, 2015
    CCoop wrote: »
    Just beautiful! Even the clouds cooperated in this stitched pano. And I love the rich saturation of colors!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Carter, much appreciated! :ivar

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited July 24, 2015
    Nice pano of a nice house.

I am familiar with the house and the bantam chickens in the coop on the left.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,176 moderator
    edited July 26, 2015
    I asked about those, and they said they were doves, and that they also ate them as food.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky