The Great Reno Balloon Races!

DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
edited July 29, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
I got myself up at about 4am today to see the Dawn Patrol, and then watch around 100 balloons lift off from the valley floor in Reno. I'd like to share my shots with you and get come c&c.

Dawn Patrol, about 5:30am.
dawnpatrol2.jpg

dawnpatrol1.jpg

After Dawn patrol, the Reno balloon took flight, and some planes flew over. I missed the planes hehe.
renoflag1.jpg

renoflag2.jpg

I found myself intrigued by the patterns and colors of the fabric.
fabric8.jpg

fabric1.jpg

fabric2.jpg

fabric3.jpg

fabric4.jpg

fabric5.jpg

fabric6.jpg

fabric7.jpg

The children are fascinated with the balloon!
crowdt.jpg

Then the rest took off!
rising1.jpg

basket1e.jpg

orbiter3.jpg

balloon11.jpg

balloon10.jpg

balloon9s.jpg

balloon8.jpg

balloon7.jpg

balloon6.jpg

balloon5x.jpg

balloon4.jpg

balloon2.jpg

balloon1f.jpg

balloon3.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    Great sieres. thumb.gifclap.gif

It would be great if you edited the post to include numbers for each image, especially with so many, so repliers can more easily refer to their favorites!

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2010
    Thanks! I'll number them when I get back! Gotta run to a place quick, but it'll get done this evening!
    Pentax K20D 14.6mp Body : Pentax *ist D 6.1mp Body : Pentax ZX10 Body : 180mm Sigma Macro EX lens : 18-55mm Pentax SMC DA Lens : 28-200mm Sigma Lens : 50-500mm Sigma APO DG EX lens : Pentax AF-500FTZ flash : Sigma EX 2x Teleconverter.
  • DRT-MaverickDRT-Maverick Registered Users Posts: 476 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2015
    I'll edit the original post soon, I guess. I hate imageshack I use flickr now but I should probably pay for a dgrin account hehe.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2015
    Would love to see them but I ain't clicking on all those links. ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif

Sam
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2015
    Sam wrote: »
    Would love to see them but I ain't clicking on all those links. ne_nau.gifdunnone_nau.gif

Sam

Igualmente
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited July 29, 2015
    the (missing) photos referenced in the first post of this thread are from 2010, not sure why the OP bumped this thread without posting an update to the photo location.

--- Denise