SOLD: Nikon D7000 Kit

mosumkaymosumkay Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited January 6, 2011 in Nikon Land
I ordered the kit (body and 18-105mm VR lens) from Amazon just to take advantage of the current massive discounts on f/2.8 zooms. Now my mission has been completed and I no longer need the kit. Needless to say, it is still sitting inside the box. Untouched, unopened, US model. If you can get one from B&H today it cannot be any more new than mine!

I'm asking for $1,500 or the best offer. Since this is my first post, I'd like to keep things simple to protect you and myself: local transaction (LA/Orange County) at a public place and in cash only. Please PM me if you are interested.

Comments

• mosumkaymosumkay Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 23, 2010
    What a thread: 200+ views and not even a single response?! Either there are no SoCal users here or ...

So, here you go ... how about $1,400? OBO
    edited December 23, 2010
    And I forgot to mention: the body and the lens can be sold separately.
  • digger2digger2 Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2010
    Warranty
    How does that work? I am interested but understand the warranty is to the original purchaser only
  • GH41GH41 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited December 24, 2010
    digger2 wrote: »
    How does that work? I am interested but understand the warranty is to the original purchaser only

Yep, NO warranty to anyone other than the original purchaser. GH
  • triangulartriangular Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2010
    GH41 wrote: »
    Yep, NO warranty to anyone other than the original purchaser. GH

That's not exactly true. If the warranty card was never filled out or the original purchaser never registered the product with Nikon, a blank warranty card may still be used for service claim by the 2nd owner, but it may help if the 2nd owner retains the original receipt.

Technically warranties are not transferable, but think about this - does nobody purchase a camera as a gift? If the camera was only recently purchased I'm sure the warranty will be valid for the "gifted" owner. This happens all the time.

Christian
  • r3t1awr3ydr3t1awr3yd Registered Users Posts: 1,000 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2010
    How much for just the body then?

Hi! I'm Wally: website | blog | facebook | IG | scotchNsniff
    Nikon addict. D610, Tok 11-16, Sig 24-35, Nik 24-70/70-200vr
    edited December 25, 2010
    From The Nikon Website
    A dated receipt is needed to get warranty.

triangular wrote: »
    That's not exactly true. If the warranty card was never filled out or the original purchaser never registered the product with Nikon, a blank warranty card may still be used for service claim by the 2nd owner, but it may help if the 2nd owner retains the original receipt.

Technically warranties are not transferable, but think about this - does nobody purchase a camera as a gift? If the camera was only recently purchased I'm sure the warranty will be valid for the "gifted" owner. This happens all the time.

Christian
    edited December 26, 2010
    r3t1awr3yd wrote: »
    How much for just the body then?

Hi, I'm asking for $1,200 OBO.
    edited December 26, 2010
    A dated receipt is needed to get warranty.

Exactly. They only need the purchase date to determine if it is under warranty -- at least this has been my experience with their El Segundo staff so far.
  • skysailorskysailor Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2010
    I find your "cash only, public place......etc." to be a wee bit, shall we say "cloak and dagger".
    Gear: D200, G9, Sigma 10-20 f/4-5.6, Nikkor 35 f/1.8, Vivitar Series 1 28-105 f/2.8-3.8, Sigma 18-200 f/3.5-6.3
    edited December 30, 2010
    skysailor wrote: »
    I find your "cash only, public place......etc." to be a wee bit, shall we say "cloak and dagger".

I don't get it. It is a standard Craigslist way of transaction. If you are a seller, don't you want your payment to be guaranteed in some way?
  • catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2010
    mosumkay wrote: »
    Exactly. They only need the purchase date to determine if it is under warranty -- at least this has been my experience with their El Segundo staff so far.

sure? I've had them use the serial number for date of manufacturing and calculate warranty coverage from that date. but that was a lens, not a body. not sure if it matters.
    //Leah
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2010

That is how I do ALL local sales other wise it is PayPal and USPS for delivery.........I do not want total stranger at my house.....now you could also come to my STUDIO ...........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited January 5, 2011
    I think most would be a bit weary of such transactions but I've never had any issues working like this with people. If you still have the kit at the end of this month when I get my tax refund I'll definitely inquire if Gary has already sold his. (the other post here selling a D7000)
    I am in San Bernardino not far from you and I could pay cash of course.
    I recently sold off quite a bit of pro audio gear and some of it was not practical to ship so the buyer came to my house to pick up the merch.....
    I have a feeling this body wont be available for some time and I'd rather have one this month vs who knows when.....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited January 5, 2011
    totaly understand
    Would you walk into a strangers house with over $1000.00 in cash?

edited January 6, 2011
    I'd like to bring this thread to a closure: the kit is no longer available. Thanks.

Would you walk into a strangers house with over $1000.00 in cash?