The Longest and the Shortest Journey

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited February 11, 2009 in Journeys
I decided to visit "Gurdwara Punja Sahab" a sacred place of Sikhism that is located around 60km away from where i live. I caught a van to the "Hasanabad" it took around 3 hours to travel 60km ! :huh if you have your own ride you can save a lot time.

I got the last seat:D
465136276_Za2yw-L.jpg

Finally i reached the place, and come to know i am not allowed to take photos of the monument security concerns, i told them everyone have picture of this place and internet is full of images. After listening to me they gave me suggestion to take photos from Internet........

Anyway here is the entrence of the Gurdwara
465167005_bipxf-L.jpg

Alot of sikhs from all over the world travel here especially during holy festivals of Sikhism when place is really crowded hence you can see Urdu Hindi and English written on board.
465532509_4LWwJ-L.jpg

Outer boundry of Gurdwara house a lot of shops
465138983_JHDZs-L.jpg

Then i walked to railway station and found these people in the way

465528504_aejYV-L.jpg

465142103_FjN6f-L.jpg

She turnned her face away from me but thanks to lightning fast focusing of canon lens i refocused her face and caught it sharp
465141122_VF9si-L.jpg

Where all the banners are painted !
465530710_gnYdh-L.jpg

465145755_jZbrn-L.jpg

And her is the station entrance

465146156_ZHFQj-L.jpg

I had to wait 4 hours for the train and there was no one at the station

465157203_he9Bz-L.jpg

Across the station i spotted beautiful fields. Met this kid he was carrying vegitables for his home

465529513_ytnrH-L.jpg

465530095_v8o9S-L.jpg

465160172_iPCAA-L.jpg

A slogan on train praising Pakistani Army. This train was heading to Peshawar and i was suppose to catch train coming from Peshawar. Peshawar is near Afghan boarder.
465159029_ca4nC-L.jpg

465157935_fWHts-L.jpg

Finally my train arrived and i got the seat.
465160872_NQcsc-L.jpg

A station in the way back to Rawalpindi ISO 800
465528148_tXrzT-L.jpg

And light was gone it took around 2.5 hours to reach back.
465162651_ekFDA-L.jpg
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    Stunning photos! Love the colors. Looks like a intresting place.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    Arvan wrote:
    Stunning photos! Love the colors. Looks like a intresting place.

Hey thanks Arvanthumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Hey Awais!

What a trip to visit a site! I like how you shot and used the mundane aspects of travelling to give an impression of the journey there as well. It helps in the feeling of travelling. Nice series of a interesting place thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
    edited February 2, 2009
    Hello thanks Chris ! :D

My Gallery
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    Hello thanks Chris ! :D

Very nice...what an insight to another part of the world. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited February 3, 2009
    Ed911 wrote:
    Very nice...what an insight to another part of the world. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking Ed thumb.gif

My Gallery
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    I always enjoy your work Awais. You give us a slice of the other side of the world. That first shot looked like you did not have much room to take it. The one with the lady with the bundle. Is that fodder for animals she was carrying?
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    thanks Awais, that was very nice to see.
    Aaron Nelson
    edited February 4, 2009
    Hi there thanks for looking friendsthumb.gif

My Gallery
  • travellerbugtravellerbug Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2009
    Hi Awais,

Great pics and definitely an interesting journey! I can't believe it took so long to get there. I have updated my Australia trip with a few pics and will keep going. You are such an inspiration!

Holley
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Awais, I just found this thread link from elsewhere on Dgrin. I always enjoy your photos. The second photo in this group of the little girl by the wall were the posters are painted is especially wonderful in the play of the colors between her garment and the wall. If you didn't stage that then you certainly have a quick and keen eye!

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
    edited February 11, 2009
    Thanks a lot Holley and Doug for kind words.
    And yeah that is not staged :D

My Gallery