How do I create/upload pics with captions?

LizardRanchLizardRanch Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
I'm new to SM and want to make my life easy when I upload. I've been searching everywere I can find, Dgrin, Help pages, Wiki...I know the info is here but boy it's hidden well. Here's my question...

I've used Jalbum before to add captions directly into my pictures. It's stored in the Exif information as a tag (something like that). I use it to autogenerate slideshows with captions sucked out of the picture's Exif info. The captions stay with the photos so if I change skins or application I always have the captions that I worked hard to put in.

I want to do the same thing with SM, i.e. do all my rotate/shrink/captioning at home and then upload to SM and bingo instant slideshow complete with captions. A side benefit to this is that I can still generate CD/DVD based slideshows to send to my friends/family with Jalbum (many of which have either dial up or no internet believe it or not so SM is out of the question).

I found AlbumFetcher, but this does the exact opposite of what I am trying to do. I don't want to download photos with captions, I want to upload the photos with the captions already in them.

I've searched and searched and found only one reference to the "file info" tag in the help file. Will SM use this tag to automatically populate the caption field? Does it have to be in the "file info" tag, is this tag name case sensitive, can I use another tag (like say...caption or Caption)? I believe the version of Jalbum I have can browse through pictures in a folder and stuff in a caption, but I believe it defaults to the "caption" tag (I may be wrong) This has got to be answered somewhere, what exactly are the rules for tags and autoloading of caption on UPload?

Thanks in advance

Comments