2»

Comments

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2016
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Thanks Mike! I truly appreciate it!

I use this light - Z96

https://www.amazon.com/HDV-Z96-96-LED-Light-Kit/dp/B003UCGDSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470020783&sr=8-1&keywords=Z96

Sometimes the light-painting adds something wonderful! However, my next goal is to do a long exposure for foreground and blend it in with sky.

EDIT:

So with this light you just hold it and it hits the subject uniformly. When batteries weaken, power weakens. You have to be 10-15 feet away from your tri-pod so it doesn't pick up light noise from light painting. I set 10 second timer.....then run to a spot, then run back, and the keep going back and forth till something reasonable comes out. If with another photographer, one person can watch the tripods and release shutter and other can light paint......it would simplify the task.

Cheers!

Any nighttime shots I've done was long-exposures and blend the two together. I've done a few light-painting, but only with my small LED headlamp. I figured you used something powerful to light some of your subjects.
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2016
    Inspiring set Taz,

I'm trying this, soon!!!
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited August 9, 2016
    Inspiring set Taz,

I'm trying this, soon!!!

Yay! This is the time of the month to do it....we are all fogged up here....but hope you score! Cheers m8!!
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,194 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2016
    These are really nice. I love #2 and #3. Looks like a wonderful location. I recently tried milky way shots for the first time. It's so much fun and I can't wait to try again. :D

Sherry
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2016
    slpollett wrote: »
    These are really nice. I love #2 and #3. Looks like a wonderful location. I recently tried milky way shots for the first time. It's so much fun and I can't wait to try again. :D

Sherry

Thanks kindly Sherry! Yes, MW is addictive. Also on cloudless and fog free days if you are itching to go out and shoot it is ideal weather for MW! Look forward to your photos!
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2016
    A little late, but holy cow nice round!!! ( #3 is kaboom)
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2016
    Thanks Tango! Cheers!
  • Options
    bristleconebristlecone Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2016
    These are great Taz. Wow, the MW really pops, you really had a dark night! Love them all, but ... I'd like to see the light painting toned down some. Just a personal preference.... Love your determination and dilligence, it's not easy stumbling around in the dark.

Best,
    -Len
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2016
    These are great Taz. Wow, the MW really pops, you really had a dark night! Love them all, but ... I'd like to see the light painting toned down some. Just a personal preference.... Love your determination and dilligence, it's not easy stumbling around in the dark.

Best,
    -Len

Thanks Len! Appreciate it much!
    I agree on light painting and this general consensus. I want to try some natural foreground exposures and blend them but got lazy at then end of the year.....so next year then!
    Cheers!
  • Options
    Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2016
    Fantastic set of shots, love #2.
    Think #1 would have benefited from a higher elevation, if that's possible, just to exacerbate the curve in the bridge, but if there's no mound available, there's no mound available!!