Yellowstone Wildflowers

wtlwdwgnwtlwdwgn Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
edited August 1, 2014 in Landscapes
Went to Yellowstone NP to meet my new lady friend. We went out to shoot whatever we could find. What we found were wildflowers. It's so nice going out to shoot with someone who isn't always shouting, "Are you done yet?" :D
Linda%20I-507013-XL.jpg

Flower%20VIII-302697-XL.jpg

Flower%20X-302745-XL.jpg

Flower%20III-302661-XL.jpg
Steve

Comments

• anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2014
    Nice shots. Also nice that you can share photography with your new friend.

Guess I'm lucky. Although my wife doesn't shoot and she often tags along with me, she never rushes me to leave. When the weather is uncomfortable, I feel a little guilty. Not enough most times to stop shooting though. eek7.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2014
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2014
    Well done! Flowers are more difficult to capture than most people know, especially if a photog is trying to accurately show the flowers' true color. I have been using an ExpoDisc lately to get white balance correct - big help. And then taking a flower and putting it along side of my monitor, under a 5500k CFL bulb, to match the color. Lightroom's color sliders - especially Luminance, really helps too!

I wonder if you have a photo with the field of wildflowers in the foreground and the hills (mountains?) as shown in one of the photos in the background? If so, like to see it.

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • wtlwdwgnwtlwdwgn Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2014
    Thanks anonymous!

Dank u Boco!

Thanks Phil. I'll see if I was smart enough to have shot one like that. rolleyes1.gif
    Steve
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2014
    Yellow stone, wild flowers, lady who loves photography........Life is good ehl?biggrinbounce2.gif
    edited July 28, 2014
    It doesn't get any better than this! :D
    Steve
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2014
    Nice shots, particularly like the wild geranium images.

I usually get to Yellowstone 2-3 times a year for the past 10 years or so. This year had more amazing wild flowers than I have ever seen before.
    I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
    edited August 1, 2014
    Thanks roaddog. The deep snow pack and cool wet spring really brought the wildflowers out this year. It's amazing that they're still present this late in the year.
    Steve