A few from different places

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited August 2, 2014 in Landscapes
Still have more to share from my trip to Oahu. Didn't want to overwhelm you with one large post and is why I've been peppering you with the various threads.

These are from different places and days during the trip and I don't quite remember the exact locations.

1. Awesome trees where we just sat and took in some rest. This is a single exposure believe it or not. Still impressed by the dynamic range the D800 is capable of in RAW. I did have to bring up the shadows in post but still impressive that I can recover with no degradation.

DSC_0129-Edit.jpg

2. Awesome sunset. Probably the best of the trip. I think this image depicts the "Island Life" well. I shot this hand held with my D700 and 70-200mm at ISO 800. Debating if I should crop/clone out the large tree on the far right.
DSC_8845-Edit.jpg

3. Valley of the Temples. This is at a large cemetery there. It's open to the public but late in the day. We arrived kind of early so I can get some good light. We decided not to wait till it opened to go in because of the mosquitoes. My poor wife swells up like a balloon from the bites.
DSC_8886.jpg

4. This is Pok'ai Bay. If you ever visit Oahu, make sure to come here to meet Uncle George. He sets up about 20 stand up paddle boards on most weekends and will give you a free lesson and let you use his boards all day long for free. The only requirement is that you sit and listen to him "Tell Story" for about 30 minutes before the lesson. We met him a few years ago. Very nice guy. Check out his Facebook page here for info and his weekly schedule: https://www.facebook.com/bayofdreams

DSC_9388.jpg

5. Don't remember at all where this was. LOL :rofl Maybe had one too many.
DSC_9615.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments