SmugExport - Aperture plugin beta

2»

Comments

• davidfisherdavidfisher Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 16, 2007
    As a background process?
    Is there any way that the plugin might someday because a background process in aperture, so that you could keep working while it's exporting/uploading. I've recently discovered the logic behind delaying the printing/proofs, and i'm going to do that so I can upload smaller files, but if I have a lot of files to upload... it takes over my computer for hours sometimes.

If it were going on in the background (kinda like the rendering of previews), that would rock.

I love the pluging however. Makes me life SOOO much easier.
  • SugarloafurSugarloafur Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2007
    Any word on where to get this plugin? The website doesn't seem to be running anymore.
  • MacLoyalMacLoyal Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Captions and keywords no longer exporting
    I've been using SmugExport to get my photos from Aperture to SmugMug for the last few months. On several recent exports the photos transfer but no comments (captions) or keywords show up on SmugMug. This used to be automatic. What could cause this to stop working?

As an experiment, I sent a batch using ApertureToSmugMug and they also did not transfer the keywords or captions.
    macloyal.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    MacLoyal wrote:
    I've been using SmugExport to get my photos from Aperture to SmugMug for the last few months. On several recent exports the photos transfer but no comments (captions) or keywords show up on SmugMug. This used to be automatic. What could cause this to stop working?

As an experiment, I sent a batch using ApertureToSmugMug and they also did not transfer the keywords or captions.
    This plugin seems to be off the map now :(

Use ApertureToSmugMug, it works great thumb.gif
    http://davidholmes.org/aperture-to-smugmug/
  • MacLoyalMacLoyal Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2008
    Problem solved!
    Both plugins work about equally well for me, and both failed to include my metadata because I needed to change my Aperture settings.

I searched and posted in several forums before calling Apple Support today. I've discovered the problem with that tech person's guidance. If anyone else faces this dilemma, check your settings here:

Aperture > File > Export Versions

Then you get a pop up box with some drop down menus. The top drop down box has 'Edit' at the bottom of its list. Go into there. You'll have several preferences to choose from (file type, dimensions, quality, etc) and there's a tiny box that accidently got unchecked which says something like: Include Metadata.

clap.gif I can't check it for exact wording because I'm merrily re-exporting right now - Metadata intact! clap.gif

peterparker also suggested it could be solved this way:

Can you verify under Aperture -> Presets -> Image Export that the "Include Metadata" checkbox is checked for the export preset you are using?
    macloyal.smugmug.com
  • natephotonatephoto Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2008
    Compatibility with Aperture 2.0 ??

I'm using the trial version and I'm really liking aperture, but I was about to try to upload a gallery when I realized that the plugin doesn't work... It freezes up if I try to log in in the plugin and most of the buttons have no action.

Any one have a solution?

Nate
    --
    _:nod Nate____
    Canon 1D Mark II N . Canon 20D . Canon Digital Rebel Xti .
    Speedlite 430 EX .
    Canon : 18-55 kit, 75-300 IS, 70-200 IS f/2.8 L .
  • SusiedavidSusiedavid Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 6, 2009
    Two SmugMug Accounts, can't upload to each
    I have two SmugMug accounts and use Aperture, iPhoto and other software. I use the Aperture plugin, but cannot reset it or the ability to choose which SmugMug account I want my picture to upload to. The only way I can upload to my second account is by using the drag/drop, which is too cumbersome as I need to export Aperture photos to the desktop first. I appreciate your help. David