Options

Deactivate Lightbox in certain galleries

frostiifrostii Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited August 29, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi, I am starting to setup a news/updates page within my website but do not want viewers to be able to click on the pictures within that gallery (journal style), which would then take them through to the lightbox. Some of the pictures will be present within my location specific galleries for which I'll include a link directly but a number will be snaps/images not for sale. I am therefore really keen to block the lightbox but have only been able to hide so clicking on the image opens a blank page.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Comments

• Options
    bobbyherobobbyhero Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2014
    I've been poking around to see if there's a purely CSS way of doing this, and I'm not finding one that's 'clean'. For instance this code:
    .sm-nui .yui3-widget-mask.sm-lightbox-mask, .sm-lightbox {
      display:none !important;
    }

It disables the lightbox - but a user is still able to click the image, and it triggers a browser event that "traps" them in a sort of 'in-between' step of the process. You need to hit "escape" on the keyboard to get out of this.

Your best approach is to re-create the page as a Page (you can create a Page in your Organizer). You can then add text blocks, and Single Image blocks (and set the click-through behavior in the Settings), to get the desired effect.

More than one way to skin a cat.
  • Options
    frostiifrostii Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2014
    Thanks Bobby, that's the same problem I'd hot and couldn't get past it. I will go with the option you have suggested.

Thanks again
    Chris