Options

grass blowing in the wind

aaroncaaronc Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited September 24, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
the flowing grass fields of fall... in NYC? tufts of grass were blowing in the wind up on our apartment building roof today. snapped a few pictures.

9734835258_fc0c861de3_b.jpg

9731605029_51706c8546_b.jpg

9731603939_0ef45d2a73_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DonFischerDonFischer Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2013
    I love it! I had no idea anything grew there like that. Top of an apartment building huh? When I drove trucks for a living my favorite runs were to New York City area.
  • Options
    aaroncaaronc Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2013
    DonFischer wrote: »
    I love it! I had no idea anything grew there like that. Top of an apartment building huh? When I drove trucks for a living my favorite runs were to New York City area.

our building roof has a bunch of big planters and some areas that are best described as "tundra" growth. Planters are mostly grasses that do well when it's pretty dry. I hadn't thought about them before but I was up there and I saw the light against the back of them and the wind whipping them around and an image came to me of a field in the midwest or something. snapped away. you wouldn't guess from the pictures, but from that spot, if you did a 180 degree turn with your camera you'd be shooting the Lower Manhattan skyline.
    9729101204_05bc16d565_n.jpg
  • Options
    junglejimjunglejim Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2013
    You never know what you can see when you actually look. Even it the nost unlikely spots

I have tried grass pictures with mostly so so results.