Options

Keep Out (2 versions)

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited September 11, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
C&C and/or a preference for version welcome and appreciated.

Keep%20Out-XL.jpg

Pa%20Died%20and%20Ma%20Moved%20Away-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2013
    I like them both. I like the inclusion of the fence on the second one, but would suggest cropping the structure on the left. I would still try the second one in bw to compare. Nice shots, great sky.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2013
    Good stuff, Eric. thumb.gif

The ominous sky in the B&W version helps create drama that the colored version lacks. Also, the closer look at the old house in the B&W enforces some sense of mysteriousness about the place.

I prefer, however, the colored version.....mostly because of the added elements of the fence and other structures. I find my interest is held longer in the second one.

The first shot might work in color as well....however, if you were looking for the " Psycho " look to the scene, the B&W approach is probably the best. I can't really see the colored version working very well in B&W.

Take care my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited September 8, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    I like them both. I like the inclusion of the fence on the second one, but would suggest cropping the structure on the left. I would still try the second one in bw to compare. Nice shots, great sky.

15524779-Ti.gif

• Options
    edited September 11, 2013
    Juano wrote: »

Thanks for the great suggestions Cristóbal - giving all a try thumb.gif
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    Good stuff, Eric. thumb.gif

The ominous sky in the B&W version helps create drama that the colored version lacks. Also, the closer look at the old house in the B&W enforces some sense of mysteriousness about the place.

I prefer, however, the colored version.....mostly because of the added elements of the fence and other structures. I find my interest is held longer in the second one.

The first shot might work in color as well....however, if you were looking for the " Psycho " look to the scene, the B&W approach is probably the best. I can't really see the colored version working very well in B&W.

Take care my friend,

Tom
    I always appreciate your detailed feedback Tom - really helps to "see" through another's eye.
    Actually, I had you in mind when I approached this old house because of your fondness for vintage structures.
    As you can see though, it's a lot less green in these parts!
    "Psycho" is definitely a goal for the mood in the B&W - look closely and I think you can just make-out a shower curtain in the one window.... mwink.gif

Be Well!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    Angelo wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif

Thanks for weighing-in Angelo - appreciate the input!
    Eric ~ Smugmug