San Diego County Fair 07 Night Shots

Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
edited July 5, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Well it's that time of year again for the San Diego County Fair. It ends today. I grabbed these shots last night. All of them were taken with a 20D with the cheap 18-55mm attached. I only used the 18-55 because I had my mini tripod since normal sized tripods are not allowed in the Fun Zone. I just set it on top of recycle bins near the ride I wanted to and set it on timer mode so I wouldn't get any shake. The last 3 were hand-held.

169625560-L.jpg
The Zipper (One of my favorite rides)

169628427-L.jpg
Hard Rock

169632056-L.jpg
Evolution (Another one of my favorite rides)

169633846-L.jpg
Fighter

169636606-L.jpg
An overall view of the fair. I was lucky to get all 3 rides shown in the same frame! (Evolution, Wind Surf, and Tango. (Tango is my all time favorite fair ride)
-Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    These are terrific! Great lights and movement and colors! I remember the Zipper...it was a favorite of mine at one time. I haven't seen it in years! Nice silhouette capture too. Now I'm inspired for our fair! Thanks for sharing!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    Red Bull wrote:
    Well it's that time of year again for the San Diego County Fair. It ends today. I grabbed these shots last night. All of them were taken with a 20D with the cheap 18-55mm attached. I only used the 18-55 because I had my mini tripod since normal sized tripods are not allowed in the Fun Zone. I just set it on top of recycle bins near the ride I wanted to and set it on timer mode so I wouldn't get any shake. The last 3 were hand-held.

The Zipper (One of my favorite rides)
    Hard Rock
    Evolution (Another one of my favorite rides)
    Fighter
    An overall view of the fair. I was lucky to get all 3 rides shown in the same frame! (Evolution, Wind Surf, and Tango. (Tango is my all time favorite fair ride)

STOP ! STOP! I wanna get off :puke
    Ohhhhhh no way could I get on those rides, I'd be sick as a dog :oogle
    Great Shots clap.gif I really enjoy your night shots Red Bull,
    they are sharp and crispy clean thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    Beautiful photos very nice even with mini tripod thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • MrPartsMrParts Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2007
    I love that sunset shot!

It's almost that time of the year around my town for these types of photo ops ... I can't wait!
    Enjoy your life, it's the only one you get.