Order prints from gallery marked "printable - no"

BrendaOBrendaO Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited August 1, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have a gallery of kid's baseball team photos and candids. In the customize section I marked it "printable - no" so that I could compile all the orders and order everything myself (I'll hand them out at the end of year dinner).

Is there a way to order behind the scenes, i.e., my team can't order on-line but I can when I am logged in?

Thanks,

Brenda

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    BrendaO wrote:
    I have a gallery of kid's baseball team photos and candids. In the customize section I marked it "printable - no" so that I could compile all the orders and order everything myself (I'll hand them out at the end of year dinner).

Is there a way to order behind the scenes, i.e., my team can't order on-line but I can when I am logged in?

Thanks,

Brenda
    No, I'm very sorry but "no means no." :D
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,010 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2007
    Is there a way he can temporally password the gallery, turn printing on, order
    prints, then turn printing off and remove the password?

Once the photos hit the cart are they printable if in cart and then you go
    back and turn printing off?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    Allen wrote:
    Is there a way he can temporally password the gallery, turn printing on, order
    prints, then turn printing off and remove the password?

Once the photos hit the cart are they printable if in cart and then you go
    back and turn printing off?

Or... upload everything to two galleries. Keep one private, one public, and order the prints from the private gallery? ne_nau.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• BrendaOBrendaO Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Or... upload everything to two galleries. Keep one private, one public, and order the prints from the private gallery? ne_nau.gif

I like both routes. Thanks.

Another question...sometimes when I am viewing my site not logged in, all of a sudden I am logged in. Why is this happening? One instance is when I add photos to my shopping cart (no logged in), when I go to the shopping cart POOF I'm logged in. Why? I want to make sure that my galleries are being priced correctly.
  • dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    BrendaO wrote:
    Another question...sometimes when I am viewing my site not logged in, all of a sudden I am logged in.

I suspect it's due to cookies, but I could be wrong.

The double gallery thing-- I used to do that for every event but eventually it just got to be too much work. One gallery would be web res with my copyright in the corner and the description had a link to the print/download order gallery. I went to a single, watermarked gallery to save time and still was selling photos (with less work)-- so don't forget that option. I know, I know, we all want to provide great customer service, but honestly, I'm not sure if customers even notice things like that. In my case, they didn't seem to.

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+