Options

Is it possible to change all wtermakrs in allgalleries in one go (new year coming)

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited December 10, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I want to put a new watermark onto all galleries (well most) and wondered if there a quick way to do the lot?
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2014
    The only way I know would be to step through each gallery in organizer.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2014
    ok thnks allen
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2014
    Also update the WM in each of the gallery settings for any new uploads.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited December 10, 2014
    I Simonius wrote: »
    I want to put a new watermark onto all galleries (well most) and wondered if there a quick way to do the lot?
    I'm curious - it looks like your watermark is a copyright date.

I don't know where you're located but I just checked the US Copyright office document at http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ01.pdf and it states:
    Form of Notice for Visually Perceptible Copies
    The notice for visually perceptible copies should contain all the following three elements:
    1 The symbol © (the letter C in a circle), or the word “Copyright,” or the abbreviation “Copr.”; and
    2 The year of first publication of the work. In the case of compilations or derivative works incorporating previously published material, the year date of first publication of the compilation or derivative work is sufficient. The year date may be omitted where a pictorial, graphic, or sculptural
    work, with accompanying textual matter, if any, is reproduced in or on greeting cards, postcards, stationery, jewelry, dolls, toys, or any useful article; and
    3 The name of the owner of copyright in the work, or an abbreviation by which the name can be recognized, or a generally known alternative designation of the owner.
    It looks like you are globally changing your copyright statement to show next year's date. Of course you may need to comply with copyright in a different country and that might be different... I'm just wondering if you need to re-watermark all of your photos.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2014
    Hi Denise- well you're right of course - actually I was just testing it for next year and I reckoned that as I will be rearranging and efectively republishing my whole site next year then it should be OK
    BUT
    now the first experiment has gone a bit awry.....

I can't get the watermark to change back!!!

In the 'street colour' galery I am having trouble persuading the copyright notice to change to what I set it to
    I.e. i set it to the norfolk-images- one ( a domain name I'll be using next year) and now although I tried resetting it to a difgital finger one it seesm stuck

Im hoping its jus a browser cache problem and will persevere and try restarting etc

but thanks for your input and all advice is greatly appreciated - any further discussion on this question will be most welcome
    :)

ahh loks like it's working now....OR..maybe not

this image seesm not to have it applied for example

http://www.digital-finger.com/STREET/Street-Colour/i-HjHxhKS/A

it should be only a 20% fade bottom center in white - I can't see it on any browser (the watermark)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2014
    If you are setting the watermark in gallery settings that only adds the WM to new uploads. Go to the organizer
    and select what photos to apply/change the WM on and use watermark under the wrench at top left.
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2014
    Allen wrote: »
    If you are setting the watermark in gallery settings that only adds the WM to new uploads. Go to the organizer
    and select what photos to apply/change the WM on and use watermark under the wrench at top left.

ah OK Allen - I'll give that a go

:)
    thumb.gif

Hmm looks like I have to do each one individually (each photo) is that right?

(sorry for being so dumb!)

SCrap that - OH I am really so stoopid sometimes - I have to select them all first right?

what I also found confusing was that In the gallery itself if you select gallery settings and security watermarking, there is a tickbox to watermark all images in the gallery - it doesnt say new uploads only so I assumed it would do what it says i.e. watermark all images in the gallery
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..