Step By Step(Pro Pricing)

48 photos48 photos Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
I am trying to set all my galleries with the same prices. I have followed the step by step tutorial and still cannot get them to save once i apply and save them. If you go try to purchase pics from my site www.fourty8photos.com you can tell where it doesnt save. It starts off with even amounts and then it doesnt save the rest. Any help? Please? Im sure there are plenty of other threads with the same situation...

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    Hi, are you putting $0 in for the items you don't want to sell? Are you pricing all items? Are you doing portfolio pricing, or are you trying to apply galleries bulk pricing?
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2008
    48 photos wrote:
    I am trying to set all my galleries with the same prices. I have followed the step by step tutorial and still cannot get them to save once i apply and save them. If you go try to purchase pics from my site www.fourty8photos.com you can tell where it doesnt save. It starts off with even amounts and then it doesnt save the rest. Any help? Please? Im sure there are plenty of other threads with the same situation...
    Is your portfolio pricing correct? If so go into the pro pricing and clear the gallery pricing and the portfolio pricing will take over. After making the change, check logged out to see if the pricing is correct.
  • 48 photos48 photos Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    I have set a price for all items...

But only some stick...

Rich... do i have to clear all galleries manually or is there a trick?
  • ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    48 photos wrote:
    I have set a price for all items...

But only some stick...

Rich... do i have to clear all galleries manually or is there a trick?

Yep, you'll need to clear your gallery level pricing. Image level pricing will be applied over Gallery pricing. And Gallery prices will be applied over Portfolio prices. So, for your Portfolio pricing to be used, you'll need to clear your Gallery level prices. Here's a work around for setting all of your galleries at default prices so the Portfolio pricing can be used without having to do each gallery individually.

1) Find a gallery that has Gallery level pricing set. Set that gallery to the default level (the easiest way to to that is to use the quick pricing tool at the top) and save it. Once a gallery has had pricing set, it is saved as a selectable "template" that can be used in the "Galleries (Bulk)" pricing.

2) Go back to the Custom Pro Pricing page and click on the "galleries (bulk)" link.

3) Select all of your galleries and apply the "template" of the gallery you just set to default. Because it had pricing once, it was saved as a "template" but since you set that gallery to the default level, it will still show up but as a default template that can be applied to all of the galleries at once. Save that and you should be set.

Good Luck!
  • 48 photos48 photos Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Awesome! Thanks guys!!!
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2008
    Pricing Templates?
    This might be an appropriate time for me to ask this:

I would like to set up roughly 4 standard pricing 'templates' -- call them Tiers 1 - 4 -- so that when I'm setting up a gallery I can simply select a pricing tier and be done with it. Must I open four dummy galleries called "Tier 1", "Tier 2", etc. to do this?
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    xris wrote:
    This might be an appropriate time for me to ask this:

I would like to set up roughly 4 standard pricing 'templates' -- call them Tiers 1 - 4 -- so that when I'm setting up a gallery I can simply select a pricing tier and be done with it. Must I open four dummy galleries called "Tier 1", "Tier 2", etc. to do this?
    thumb.gif
    See my method in this thread.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    See my method in this thread.
    Thanks Allen. That's pretty much what I expected.
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Danna CSDanna CS Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2008
    Can't see pricing and site has no options to buy a pic
    I have set the portfolio prices and nothing is showing when I go to my site. Someone wants to buy a pic and there are no options to buy.

Help.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited June 29, 2008
    Danna CS wrote:
    I have set the portfolio prices and nothing is showing when I go to my site. Someone wants to buy a pic and there are no options to buy.
    You've probably already checked this, but I'll ask just in case...

Are your galleries set to printable yes (on the customize gallery screen)? Even with portfolio pricing set, you still need to indicate which galleries contain photos that you want to sell.

--- Denise
    edited June 29, 2008
    You've probably already checked this, but I'll ask just in case...

Are your galleries set to printable yes (on the customize gallery screen)? Even with portfolio pricing set, you still need to indicate which galleries contain photos that you want to sell.

--- Denise

I am not sure I will go check, this only means printable thru purchase correct?
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2008
    Danna CS wrote:
    Checking printing under customize gallery turns on the cart cuttons to allow purchasing.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
    edited June 29, 2008
    Danna CS wrote:
    Yes. If you want to sell your photos on smugmug, you must set printable to yes.

Setting printable does not mean that someone could print the photo themselves.

--- Denise
    edited June 29, 2008
    THANK YOU Denise!!!

Ok, Im all set.

Now it says my pics are too small for most of the prints. What size do I need to upload?
    edited June 29, 2008
    Danna CS wrote:
    Now it says my pics are too small for most of the prints. What size do I need to upload?
    See http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-quality.

--- Denise
  • nobodynobody Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    48 photos wrote:

I suspect there is a bug in the pricing right now. I have tried setting price from several different computers, some with current version of IE and all the bells and whistles, but have always been forced to set things manually. What I cannot get to work is the bulk setting features, such as the thing that allows you to increase everything by a fixed amount, percentage, etc.