Options

Glasses. Training for reflections and shadows on face

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited March 25, 2015 in People
Hi all,

I just finished my reflections training.. Unfortunately my model's glasses did not look that reflective...

Lets see some examples and explain me how much disturbing reflection I got (I need to have a feeling how good I can go and when to stop fixing my lights.. remember I have speedlights and thus very precise positioning is a pain)

#1 A reflection at left upper part. Can this be taken out in pp?
DSC01649-M.jpg

#2 Reflection to the left side. Not just the small highlight but something blueish at the left side of the glasses.
DSC01656-M.jpg

#3 I think distrubing here are the shadows below the glasses. What do we do when glasses cast shadows on the face? When these are disturbing?
DSC01651-M.jpg

#4 Since I did not got many reflection from her glasses. We tried her sunglasses. I think the problem are the shadows cast by the glasses at the face. What I could do here?
DSC01651-M.jpg

#5 Different setup. Reflections almost not visible.. A bit of something at the top left side. But I am really sick with the shadows on the face on the right side.... Grrr
DSC01551-M.jpg

Any feedback is always help ful

Alex

--
“The fact is that relatively few photographers ever master their medium. Instead they allow the medium to master them and go on an endless squirrel cage chase from new lens to new paper to new developer to new gadget, never staying with one piece of equipment long enough to learn its full capacities, becoming lost in a maze of technical information that is of little or no use since they don’t know what to do with it”
(written at 1927 by Edward Weston)

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2015
    Make it much easier on yourself. Take one photo then tell them not to move, take the glasses off and take another shot then photoshop the eyes back in, easy as that. If they have wire rims just loosen the screw and pop the lens out, do the session then pop the lens back in.
  • Options
    alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2015
    Thanks. I know about this technique but I was always thinking that how likely is to stay constant and not change for example facial expression or til the head.
    Btw from your big experience how many times you have felt that your subjects wanted from you to finish earlier. In Germany there are these local photo kiosks where all lights are set, you take a sit, they work a bit on the expression and in 3 minutes you are finished.

How much have you find that your subject like to spend more time on them?
    Thanks
    Alex

P.S Btw your signature photo has a great warm smile