Deer in the Park

ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
edited March 10, 2005 in Wildlife
A pair of Mule Deer bucks came to visit me today in the park. They were generous enough to allow me to snap a few off,and give me full model releases.:D

17239031-L.jpg

17239033-L.jpg

17239036-L.jpg

17239034-L.jpg

60 shots later and of those ,these are my favorites.

Finally a head shot and you can see why they are called mule deer due to the size of the ears.
These Deer are only found in the Western part of North America and are much larger than the white tailed deer. It is not uncommon to see males in the rut exceeding 300lbs.

17239534-L.jpg

I hope you like

Cheers ,

Tim

Comments

• HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    A pair of Mule Deer bucks came to visit me today in the park. They were generous enough to allow me to snap a few off,and give me full model releases.:D

I hope you like

Cheers ,

Tim
    I do like them Tim. Nice captures everyone. Good idea about he model release I got a few egrets busting my chops because I didn't get one from them. rolleyes1.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 10, 2005
    Like em all Tim thumb.gifthumb.gif Especially, the one with steam coming out of the mouth clap.gifclap.gif

I agree with Harry about the model releases, good plan thumb.gif

Harry,
    You wouldn't have these problems if you had used amateur Egrets and Herons. But no, you had to go with those darn unionized Pro models :lol

Thanks for sharing these,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited March 10, 2005
    Shakey wrote:

17239034-S.jpg

60 shots later and of those ,these are my favorites.

Finally a head shot and you can see why they are called mule deer due to the size of the ears.
    These Deer are only found in the Western part of North America and are much larger than the white tailed deer. It is not uncommon to see males in the rut exceeding 300lbs.

17239534-S.jpg

I hope you like

Cheers ,

Tim

Tim, I think I shot that same deer last spring in Colorado!! :Deek7.gif
    5648713-L.jpg

And long ears is correct!! Nice series Tim!!
    5936894-L.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    Shakey wrote:
    17239034-L.jpg
    Hey Tim,

this one is definitely my favourite!! well done well done clap.gif what kind of lens did you have to use to get so close? Or are they rather tame?

Thanks for sharing!
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl