Vermont Foliage

ericstephenvormericstephenvorm Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited October 20, 2006 in Journeys
Well, I grew up in New England, and have recently been stationed here, ending an almost 20 year hiatus. So, the first chance I got, we headed up to Vermont to revist some of my fondest memories of childhood trips in the fall.

101343394-M.jpg

As always I try to get that early morning light. This was actually 2 hours into morning- around 7:00am or so. It was frosting quite a bit up there on Columbus Day Weekend, so the fog would be lifting off the hilltops for most of the morning until the sun could burn it off and the air would warm up.

101346781-M.jpg

Being in the Military can sometimes be a mixed blessing- Especially in the New England area. Where I live, not even the Army/Navy Surplus store gives a military discount! Vermont, however, is heaven on earth for folks like me. I saw flags like this all over the place. I'd even have people shaking my hands when we were walking around thanking me for serving my country, all because of my haircut! Anyway, this barn was just begging for attention. It was just another wonderful special stop along Route 4, near Lincoln, VT.

101347537-M.jpg

Believe it or not, this is the absolute top of a mountain in Vermont. It took more than an hour of driving on the most remote dirt road to get to the top of it. Once we got there, you could see all the way to New Hampshire. This horse wanted some attention too... can't say as I blame it. It's pretty lonely up there.

101344656-M.jpg

Another thing I love about Vermont is the state of their buildings. You get a feeling like all building stopped around 30 years ago, and since then everything just remains the same. Barns like this are everywhere.

101440754-M.jpg

This is a wonderful attraction above the hills in Woodstock, VT. It's a farm that makes Maple Syrup and Vermont Cheddar Cheese. They have tours, tastings, free samples, barnyard animals everywhere... absolutely wonderful place. You have to be careful though. That cheese is addictive!

101346312-M.jpg

Just driving along Route 4 again, and suddenly, literally on the side of road is this wonderful waterfall... Absolutely wonderful.

You can see the rest of the pictures, and others from recent and past trips at www.esvphotography.com
www.esvphotography.com
ericstephenvorm.smugmug.com