Options

Wildlife Photography

Time BanditTime Bandit Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 15, 2015 in Wildlife
I have a few please visit my SMUGMUG page and comment if possible.

http://josephahriam.smugmug.com/

ENJOY :)

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2015
    Same here! :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited March 14, 2015
    I have a few please visit my SMUGMUG page and comment if possible.

http://josephahriam.smugmug.com/
    If you'd like to encourage folks to look at your photos I'd recommend sharing selected photos directly in your post instead of linking to your site. You can find instructions in the post How to Embed an Image in Your Post.

Welcome to DGrin!

--- Denise
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2015
    😀

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2015
    Well, as a fellow Brit, I thought I'd have a shufties.

First, somewhat surprised to find a few pics of (mainly) nags in what appears to be a domestic setting, labelled as 'wildlife'?

I thought the range of tags associated with the pics also seemed somewhat 'ambitious' ... considering the image contents ... eg to include 'gallop' in pic 3's selection, where there are 3 of the critters sedately munching the green stuff ...

As regards the pics ... fairly harsh light and ... if this is a location (your farm?) you're familiar with, then there are surely going to be other opportunities for better light / angle (pov) / background etc than these depict?

I can see how #7 (mare + foal) would appeal to the 'horsey brigade', just because of the content ... but as a pic, with that background ... ?

The link below (imo) provides a pretty fair summing up of what one should be aiming at ...for a half decent 'wildlife' pic.

To paraphrase some advice I saw for one of the main w/life comps ... 'If all your pic shows the viewer is what species it is - go away and try again'

http://blog.northshots.com/2013/12/20-nature-wildlife-photography-tips/

pp
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2015
    Welcome to Digital Grin!

Nice feel good shots. We all come here to learn and posting your shots is how it's done. Lots of good advice in the previous posts from very experienced Dgrinners! We will be looking for more from you!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53