FS: Vested Interest Magnum Photo Vest

SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited June 6, 2007 in The Kitchen Sink
Hello,

I have for sale one used but in great condition magnum vest made by the Vested Interest company. It is in the tan color.

This is the vest that Arthur Morris swears is the best one around. It really does have fantastic support - spreads out the load of a lot of gear well.

A link to the site is at the bottom of this listing.

It is a large size. I wear a 42 long coat and it fits me well, although with the expandable sides this could certainly fit someone much bigger. I have no problem expanding it over my winter coat when it's cold, yet it fits with a t-shirt in the summer.

On a recent trip I had a 5D and 70-200 2/8 IS in one pocket, a 16-35, tc's and teleconverter in another pocket, 2 hyperdrives in the chest pockets and on occassion a 300/2.8 in the back pocket, all with room to spare. Several of the pockets can be taken off or velcroed back on to adjust the size needed.

Would consider trades for large (> 8gb) Sandisk Extreme III CF cards, Canon 10x42 L IS binoculars (+ cash from me), 4 or 8gb ipod nano.

Not the best shots, but here are two of me wearing it. This is with the side straps opened quite a bit to fit over 5 layers of clothing and a winter coat. Also, there are two large pockets which can go on either side which are not shown here. I think I had a 300/2.8 IS with the hood reversed in the back pocket when this shot was taken. You can also see the rolled up ground tarp - great when you have to sit down on wet ground.

If anyone wanted more detailed pics I'd be happy to provide them, but despite using it on several trips it really appears pretty close to 'like new'.

vest1.jpg

vest2.jpg

These go for about $330 with the ground cloth and detachable pockets. I'd take $235 + shipping.

Thanks for looking.

http://www.vestedinterest.com/magnum.htm