Options

Similar Opposites

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited September 29, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I "surreptitiously" photographed two models at The Getty Center. We weren't exactly subtle, but we also weren't asked to leave.

Similar-Opposites-2012-09-16-XL.jpg

Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2012
    I find the first one to be particularly interesting. I think, Lee, that this type of work is your really strong suit. Your play to lines, angles, and other geometrical forms has always been exceptional.

Just for kicks, I cropped this image to rid all of the shadows above and to the right. Doing so, it almost ended up being a square frame. I like it both ways but I prefer the shadows being eliminated....it makes for a stronger image, one without the softening effect of the shadows.

Good to see you posting, my friend,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Thank you, Tom. Yes, this is the work I've been aspiring to since 1983.

Here is one I took without the shadows, while Vikki was off getting an umbrella that wasn't wounded with a broken rib.

Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    Very nice. Seeing only a partial face on the girl increases the intrigue. Good stuff, Lee.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook