Color. Curves. Soft Focus. Texture. Astracts

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited March 12, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
This last abstract challenge was great :thumb Really found some outstanding works there.

These were part of my effort to find a decent one for myself. Thought I'd post them and see if any were the right stuff ball park as far as your thinking goes.

RedJewel_WU1-web9786-X2.jpg

ShapeColorShades_WM1web_9834-XL.jpg
Abstract_WM2web_9673-XL.jpg
CamBlurSpiral_WU2webM_9670-X2.jpg
Michael

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2013
    They are all attractive in their own way - they make a nice series.... but I think #3 is the strongest because of the bold, pleasing, diagonal lines. Nice work!
    Clear skies now, but no comet yet. :cry
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2013
    Very nice, Michael. You've always had a good eye for this kind of stuff. I particularly like #2 and #3.
    Both of those make an old color freak like me really come alive.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2013
    I agree with Tom .. You have a good eye for stuff like this. Love #3 thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    They are all attractive in their own way - they make a nice series.... but I think #3 is the strongest because of the bold, pleasing, diagonal lines. Nice work!
    Clear skies now, but no comet yet. :cry
    Thank you for your take on this grouping Eric :D Am grateful to get it

Best I have heard from around the place none are seeing PanStarrs up our way yet. Here is one of 2 on
    spaceweather.com
    http://spaceweather.com/gallery/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=77566
    Right from your very neck of the woods.

Did I mention image 2 is one of the candy workups. I used a magnifying glass in front of the lens. Never fails to distort things in curious ways. A good tool on the light table.
    Michael
    edited March 11, 2013
    Very nice, Michael. You've always had a good eye for this kind of stuff. I particularly like #2 and #3.
    Both of those make an old color freak like me really come alive.thumb.gif

Tom
    Thanks Tom :D
    I do work fairly hard for interesting abstract visuals and sometimes they actually are rolleyes1.gif
    Here the last one is my least favored and I really like the charm and warms I get out of 1. Ultimately I
    think soft focus for abstracts is touchy business in getting a suitable player.

I imagine colorful forks will take you to the top of color mountain. That one is seriously hot! Total game winner for it.
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I agree with Tom .. You have a good eye for stuff like this. Love #3 thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Thanks much Mary K for looking these over and giving them some consideration. You know I appreciate you and everyone for taking the time. I'd be in trouble without all the help. I may have an eye for this kind of thing but nothing is better than getting assistance for what really works.
    Must be that I enjoy abstracts so much, from all around, that I can't easily be discerning when I am in the middle of having fun with them.
    Michael
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2013
    Dogdots wrote: »

I agree. #3 is my pick.
    edited March 12, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    I agree. #3 is my pick.
    :D Thank you again Cristóbal :D
    Michael