Options

Driftwood beach. Another one I've been chasing.

superduckzsuperduckz Registered Users Posts: 377 Major grins
edited March 12, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
I've been back to this spot more times than I can count. Not exactly torture but another one where it was never "right"... I finally got the one in my minds eye.

p1467646200-5.jpg
Accidents and Inspiration
One of these days I'll have to figure out what my "style" is..

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2013
    Nice shot. I've shot scenes like this all over Big Talbot, Little Talbot, and Jekyll Islands. It was always hard to record the scene in the same fashion as I remembered seeing it. I don't shoot much B&W, but I tried it one day and discovered that my photos had a much more dramatic look to them. The B&W effort just seemed to capture the essence and feel of the scene in a way I wasn't getting with the color work. Give it a try yourself and see what you think.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited March 8, 2013
    I don't see the pic headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2013
    Richard wrote: »
    I don't see the pic headscratch.gif

Hmm... not sure why. Everything is fairly typical and the photo hasn't been shuffled around. Anyone else not seeing it?
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2013
    Nice shot. I've shot scenes like this all over Big Talbot, Little Talbot, and Jekyll Islands. It was always hard to record the scene in the same fashion as I remembered seeing it. I don't shoot much B&W, but I tried it one day and discovered that my photos had a much more dramatic look to them. The B&W effort just seemed to capture the essence and feel of the scene in a way I wasn't getting with the color work. Give it a try yourself and see what you think.

Tom

Thanks Mamba! Much a\Appreciated. This is Talbot just south of the Nassau bridge. About halfway to the rocky outcrop. It was freezing so I didn't venture too far that day. It's funny you say that about black an white. I shot raw/jpeg and had the JPEG process set to a high contrast B&W and was going to stick with that. It DID work well. But once I got the raw file in lightroom I played around with it and drifted towards this color image. The tree's can be SO frustrating. They have some potential but they can be so chaotic as to make what you "think" is a good frame simply a jumble. In my minds eye I think I see a fractal(ish) geometry but it doesn't play out that way. I'm waiting for warmer weather and I'm going to spend a full afternoon there. It's a great spot. This Saturday will be at the St Augustine Rookery at the Alligator farm though. Looking forward to the early nesters.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited March 8, 2013
    superduckz wrote: »
    Hmm... not sure why. Everything is fairly typical and the photo hasn't been shuffled around. Anyone else not seeing it?
    OK, I see it now--don't know what the problem was. Very pretty. thumb.gif
  • Options
    cgmcdonaldcgmcdonald Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2013
    Time to go to the beach! Thable for posting I really enjoy this photograph.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2
    My Site: www.cgmphoto.us