SOLD: Nikkor 18-135

jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
edited August 12, 2010 in Nikon Land
Lens is now sold.

A nice Nikkor 18-135 recently refurbished by Nikon to like-new condition. No marks or blemishes. Includes lens hood, front and rear caps, and original "white" box.

$190 including shipping.

New price: $175

607718161_gF5J5-O.jpg

607718158_qdNrh-O.jpg

607718148_ZYD9m-O.jpg

Comments

• jthomasjthomas Registered Users Posts: 454 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    This is a great deal. These things sell new for $350 at B&H. Used ones in this condition fetch $215 - $245 at B&H and KEH.
  • KingofthehillKingofthehill Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    I was going to snag it up but "refurbished" scares me a bit.

Good on ya' though for disclosing that information.

JOe
  • tonydtonyd Registered Users Posts: 213 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    Refurbish or repair was done by the manufacturer and not a 3rd party. Since it was refurbished by Nikon, they would have tested it to make sure it was within all manufacturer specs. I would consider it as better than used as it was recently refurbished/tested.

I own a lens that was sent to Nikon for repair due to a mishap at one of the DGrin shootouts and it came back to me like new and just as sharp as it was before needing Nikon's care.

Disclaimer: I don't know the seller, just wanted to share my experience with repaired or refurbished by Nikon lenses (I've had two lenses *refurbished* by Nikon) One was disassembly/cleaning to remove dirt on inner elements (free service), the other to do overall cleaning and replace a front element that was scratched - $$$
  • dionysisdionysis Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 28, 2009
    I was going to snag it up but "refurbished" scares me a bit.

Good on ya' though for disclosing that information.

JOe

I actually worked for HP for many years, I found that 90% of refurbished items are ones that didn't pass initial QA on the way out of the building for the first time, not customer returns like you may think. These would then be sent to a different division to fix whatever is wrong with them and a person meticulously goes over the item to verify it passes QA the 2nd and 3rd time. Because of this process 9 times out of 10 a refurb is actually less likely to fail than a new unit. Many cases the only difference is the warranty.

I purchase refurbs whenever there is a financial benefit to do so.
    edited August 1, 2009
    Thanks for the comments folks. The lens really is like new.

Note the reduced price.
  • tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    I am curious....what are you replacing the 18-135 with?

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
    edited August 12, 2010
    I am curious....what are you replacing the 18-135 with?

Chris

Hi Chris.

Please note that this thread is now more than a year old.

I was selling the lens for my sister-in-law. She had a problem with it and sent it back to Nikon. She needed a replacement immediately and thus bought a Nikkor 18-105VR. When the 18-135 was returned by Nikon, she decided to keep the 18-105VR and asked me to help her sell the 18-135.

So the short answer is that it was replaced by an 18-105VR.