Expired account - gone forever? Urgent need to access

LisaFLisaF Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited March 4, 2010 in SmugMug Support
Hello. Several years ago I opened my first Smugmug account under my own name and uploaded several albums of photos, which I maintained for a year or two. In the interim, I went into full-time photography and opened a second Smugmug Pro account and let my original account languish.

This week a dear friend of mine, whose photos were among those in my original account, passed away. The hard copies were lost in a move, but I remembered I had digital version in my Smugmug account. To my horror, that account can no longer be found. I had suspected that I may need to pay to reactivate the account, but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that it would be deleted altogether. I have a different account at Pbase, but whenever it lapses, I pay to bring it current and it remains intact.

My question -- is this account truly lost forever? Is there any way possible to reactivate the account and retrieve the lost photos? The funeral is Thursday and I'm devastated at the thought that I may have lost all the photos I had of my friend.

Please help!

Comments

• TheOnlookerTheOnlooker Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    Lisa,

Email us at the help desk. Add ATTN: KevinW to your email and we will be more than happy to help you out. We will reference your DGrin post.

Kevin Wilson
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • LisaFLisaF Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 3, 2010
    Kevin, thank you so much for your prompt reply -- I will do that right now. I appreciate it so much.

Lisa
    Lisa,

Email us at the help desk. Add ATTN: KevinW to your email and we will be more than happy to help you out. We will reference your DGrin post.

Kevin Wilson
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    I replied to your email to the helpdesk.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • LisaFLisaF Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 4, 2010
    Hi Sebastian,
    I'm sorry, would you mind resending your reply? I can't seem to find it anywhere, even in my spam folder.

Thanks,
    Lisa

I replied to your email to the helpdesk.

Sebastian
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    I've resent my message.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero