Any way to share a folder that is unlisted

2»

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 19, 2013
    Allen wrote: »
    If I add a password to the parent folder and remove the now unneeded passwords from the child
    galleries what happens to these legacy site galleries? I would think it would remove the PW's on those
    also and they have no parent folder with PW.

Correct. That's what I meant earlier. You could remove them after unveiling, but folder-level privacy and security levels are an addition with the new platform, so they will not take effect on your legacy content until you unveil.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • ceasleyceasley Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited August 19, 2013
    Here's what I did. I put my public galleries in my Nav bar at the top of my site as usual. Then I added a smaller font Nav bar to the very bottom of the site. There I listed FAMILY and TRAVEL - I password protected those folders (not the individual galleries) and put a hint to the password that I know all my family members would know. That way they can get there with no problem and no one else can.

Colleen
    http://www.colleeneasley.com
    Colleen Easley

Visit my website

Photography is my vehicle for discovery!
  • groundhogexpressgroundhogexpress Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 11, 2016
    Yes! I'd like this very much! An unlisted folder...and once inside the folder my mom can see all the galleries of her grandchild. I'd love to set her up with a bookmark for the unlisted folder and then be done with it. As I add more galleries they would be there. Same for other friends and family. It would be great to have one single link to send out (could be in my signature line) and not have to mess with email after email with random links or passwords. Still love the sense of security and quality with Smugmug, but with each gallery I add I get more and more frustrated with sharing.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited September 11, 2016
    Yes! I'd like this very much! An unlisted folder...and once inside the folder my mom can see all the galleries of her grandchild. I'd love to set her up with a bookmark for the unlisted folder and then be done with it. As I add more galleries they would be there. Same for other friends and family. It would be great to have one single link to send out (could be in my signature line) and not have to mess with email after email with random links or passwords. Still love the sense of security and quality with Smugmug, but with each gallery I add I get more and more frustrated with sharing.
    Have you tried using a share group? See help page Can I share multiple unlisted galleries with one link?

--- Denise
  • keiths2112keiths2112 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 16, 2016
    Sharegroup private from rest of account
    I have been playing with sharegroups. I was hoping these would be totally separate galleries but they inherit my sitewide menus and navigation exposing the rest of my site. I would like to be able to create a set of folders that I can share but that are not connected with my main site nor its url. I can always create another account, but I was hoping to avoid that.

So is there anyway to create folders or galleries that do not inherit the sitewide settings?

Thanks All!
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,234 moderator
    edited September 17, 2016
    keiths2112 wrote: »
    So is there anyway to create folders or galleries that do not inherit the sitewide settings?
    The only way I am aware of to hide your site from your viewers is to set the gallery property of hide owner to ON.

From the help page Can I hide the account owner information for a gallery?
    1. Hide Owner will remove the nickname from your URL and make it completely SmugMug.
    2. Your custom Banner will be replaced with the SmugMug banner. This will also remove all customization on the page.
    3. Links to your homepage won't appear, only the gallery name will.
    4. The watermarking feature won't be available while hide owner is active.
    5. Coupons will not work while hide owner is enabled.

--- Denise
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 24, 2016
    We have something in the works that would let you have an Unlisted folder with visible items inside it. Stay tuned.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations