Options

Smugmug Gallery on Mobile

mappingwanderlustmappingwanderlust Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 24, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I like the smugmug gallery type because it shows the full text of my images below it (I like to write short stories with a lot of my photos).

However, this doesn't translate well to mobile. You don't see the text. You have to click on the image, and then try and read the text in the lightbox, which is practically impossible.

Is there a way to adjust the formatting on mobile so its a journal format when seen on mobile devices?

Comments

• Options
    SpartanPicsSpartanPics Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited September 21, 2016
    Does anyone know if this is the right place to post suggestions for the Mobile App? I will post here until I hear otherwise. We are new with thousands of students and parents wanting to visit our SpartanPics.com website. It is for all the HS sports teams and activities to post images and share. The website is decent as I've done the best as I can with my limited smugmuggery skills. But I have an interest in very specific enhancements to the mobile application.
    Unlike the website, there is currently no way to see who took the picture or picture information. We make good use of the description box on each gallery to display the name of the photographer of that gallery, the date the gallery was shot and how many images are contained. If browsing a picture we can look at the EXIF info on the website quite easily. What I would like to see is the description information appear under the gallery title on the mobile application. Since I am the main photographer, I do allow guest/parent volunteers to take pictures of sports I cannot be at and post. But I do not want people thinking their lower quality work is indicative of mine and negatively impact my own brand (though I am no a photography superstar). Still, the only way to do this effectively is with my suggestions since I'm not about to put all of that information in large text with the gallery name. Also, when shooting an event or location, I love having access to galleries where I shot there previously to look at pics and their respective EXIF information so I can match settings to get certain results. These relatively minor enhancements would be highly beneficial. Does smugmug have any list of upcoming enhancements to see where they may be going with things like this? I see no updates in 4 months when they were averaging 1/month for the previous 12 months. Thank you.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited September 21, 2016
    Does anyone know if this is the right place to post suggestions for the Mobile App?
    This is the right place to ask for help with customizations.

You can add requests to the SmugMug Feature Requests forum. You can also log suggestions at http://feedback.smugmug.com/forums/17723-smugmug.

--- Denise
  • Options
    T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2016
    Hi, I'm new to this forum. I like the smugmug gallery type because it shows the full text of my images below it (I like to write short stories with a lot of my photos).

However, this doesn't translate well to mobile. You don't see the text. You have to click on the image, and then try and read the text in the lightbox, which is practically impossible.

Is there a way to adjust the formatting on mobile so its a journal format when seen on mobile devices?

For what it is worth, the "Journal" gallery type will show text below images when viewed on mobile devices.
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
    Looka looka koo la ley
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited September 24, 2016
    We also recently updated the Lightbox, making it MUCH easier to read your captions! As a fellow long caption writer, I was super excited to get this update pushed out!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations