Carousel Image sizes.

flyingwolfflyingwolf Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited September 11, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Using the carousel on my main page, when logged in all of the images are sized at the exact same height.

However when logged out or in a different browser(and of course not logged in) the images are all their default sizes.

I would like it to be consistent.

Also, can we do anything about the loop? It is amazingly jarring to have it just rubberband back to the beginning.

Comments

• Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2016
    Hi flyingwolf

Did you cross of for "Content Aware Height" in your carousel settings?
    And by the way: you cannot get the same width and height on both portrait and landscape photos for your carousel because the height would get too large to be shown on screen and visitors would have to be forced to scroll.
    But I checked your homepage carousel I cannot see a single photo that has a different height than the other ones (at least no more than a pixel or two) and the height of portrait and landscape format photos seems the same to me too. (Checked on Mac in Chrome, Safari and Firefox)

Good luck

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited September 4, 2016
    I don't see a carousel on your home page, looks like you switched to a slideshow.

My reaction to a carousel usually isn't good - it looks (to me) like it belongs on a mobile device and not on a computer monitor. That's probably just me though...

--- Denise
  • flyingwolfflyingwolf Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2016
    Lille Ulven, I switched to the slideshow as it seems to work better with what I was going for.

denisegoldberg, thank you, I agree.