Options

Mobile site

EyeScotchEyeScotch Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited October 29, 2016 in SmugMug Customization
Hello,

How do I customize my website for Mobile viewing? The banner which I have on my desktop site doesn't fir on mobile version.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance!

www.eyescotch.com
Best,
Vishal Sharma
www.EyeScotch.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator
    edited September 5, 2016
    Take a look at Change Features for Mobile or Tablet Browsers for a starting point. That will give you code to target specific-sized screens. You will then need to specify the elements that you want to change.

Before you start I would recommend rethinking your site header. When I looked at your site using this tool - http://quirktools.com/screenfly/ - I see that it doesn't fit well on anything smaller than a 10" screen. You might change the size of your heading plus the placement of the social icons (since the icons easily overlap your header).

--- Denise
  • Options
    tenebstenebs Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2016
    Mobile version tweaks but need CSS names
    Take a look at Change Features for Mobile or Tablet Browsers for a starting point. That will give you code to target specific-sized screens. You will then need to specify the elements that you want to change.

Before you start I would recommend rethinking your site header. When I looked at your site using this tool - http://quirktools.com/screenfly/ - I see that it doesn't fit well on anything smaller than a 10" screen. You might change the size of your heading plus the placement of the social icons (since the icons easily overlap your header).

--- Denise

The problem I have with tweaking smugmug is not knowing what the CSS names for things are. Is there a source for finding this out?
    For instance on my website on the entire site I have a little mini slideshow on the left. However for small screen sizes I would like to hide that feature completely. On my homepage I also have a larger slideshow so I can't just hide all slideshows for samll screens as I do want the homepage slideshow to remain.

So if I knew the CSS names then I would have a better shot of tweaking the code you linked to above.
    Margy Green
    margygreen.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2016
    Looks like this is the widget class name for the sidebar slideshow on every page.
    .sm-page-widget-5615980

In Firefox I right clicked on page element and picked "Inspect Element" in the drop menu.
    Had to pick slightly off side.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    tenebstenebs Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2016
    Allen wrote: »
    Looks like this is the widget class name for the sidebar slideshow on every page.
    .sm-page-widget-5615980

In Firefox I right clicked on page element and picked "Inspect Element" in the drop menu.
    Had to pick slightly off side.

Thanks, By using your comment and on from another forum I was able to hide it based on screen size using the following:

/*Hide the mini left slideshow for mobile browsers */
    @media only screen and (max-width: 480px) {
    .sm-user-ui .sm-page-widget-5615980 { display: none !important; }
    }
    Margy Green
    margygreen.com