Options

First Cup of the Day

lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
edited January 23, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
First cup of the day - water that is. The outside light on the cup was just begging to be captured.

C&C welcome.

Phil

20150123%20I%20am%20Sam-5799%208x10-X2.jpg
http://www.PhilsImaging.com
"You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
Phil

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2015
    I like the exposure and background Phil! The cup is cute!
    I had to think about why there is space on the right and then I noticed the shadow.......it is taking up space but I am not sure it is helping this shot.
    How about the beam of light coming from the window.....get the window, the beam, the cup and steam coming out of it......lots of work.....but hey....
  • Options
    lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    I like the exposure and background Phil! The cup is cute!
    I had to think about why there is space on the right and then I noticed the shadow.......it is taking up space but I am not sure it is helping this shot.
    How about the beam of light coming from the window.....get the window, the beam, the cup and steam coming out of it......lots of work.....but hey....

Good points. I like the shadow on the right because I think it adds depth.

I have been thinking about steam and but sure how to capture that. Perhaps a small lit candle inside the cup - smoke? I will play with that.

Cold winter day, and outside light was sporadic at best but strong at times. This was shot in manual mode using the "exposure indicator", which I hate to admit not using much in the past. Since I included the use of it in our recent camera club newsletter I thought I should at least use it some. I am hooked!

Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil