Options

Smart Gallery bug????

RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited October 20, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I'm trying to creat a smart gallery and trying to pull photos from another one of my galleries, however when I go to create the rule to find the gallery it's not showing up???? I'm trying to pull photos from my Ricketts Glen gallery which is located in Travel - Pennsylvania - Ricketts Glen, but that gallery is not showing up only my Presque Isle gallery is showing up when I go to create the rule. I have 3 galleries listed under

Travel
Pennsylvania
National Avairy
Presque Isle
Ricketts Glen

When I go to create the rule only the Presque Isle gallery is showing up???? How can I get access to my Ricketts Glen gallery

Comments

• Options
    FlounderFlounder Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2014
    Hey Ron,

Can you check under the SmugPreview category? Do you see the correct gallery there? That shows the galleries that you uploaded to New SmugMug. I believe the folders and subfolders from New SmugMug will show correctly in the smart rules in the future. But for now, it'll need to be done by going into the SmugPreview category, then selecting the correct gallery.

If you don't see it there, please open a help ticket with us. We would need to get more info from you there, which you won't want post on the forum, so email would be best :)

Cheers,
    Nick
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2014
    Not sure what you mean by the SmugPreview category. In Organizer I see all of the galleries. The Ricketts Glen gallery was created in the new Smugmug just 2 days ago, the only place I can't see it is when trying to create a smart gallery rule, the Ricketts Glen gallery does not show up in the drop down list as shown in my screen capture above, also an older gallery - National Aviary isn't showing up, for some strange reason only one of the three galleries that exist under Travel - Pennsylvania is showing up. As I said before in organizer all of the galleries are being seen. I might just say screw it and just add a keyword rule even though I shouldn't have too. This is very frustrating.

Went back to the Smart Gallery Rules and found the SmugPreview category and my Ricketts Glen gallery is listed there, why it isn't showing up where its supposed to under Travel - Pennsylvania - Ricketts Glen I don't know, seems to be a bug to me.
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    Hi Ron,
    The Smart Galleries settings and rule picker has not been updated for the New SmugMug. It will still use your Legacy category structure. All new galleries uploaded in the New SmugMug will show up in that "SmugPreview" section and not follow your Organizer structure. I understand this can be frustrating; we do have plans to update this for the New SmugMug and make it match your Organizer folder structure but for now you'll have to find your galleries in the SmugPreview category.

Let me know if you still have questions on this.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations