Options

Found a way to "land" at top of page in Journal style

DeeRichDeeRich Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
edited October 21, 2014 in SmugMug Support
I have found a way to get around the problem of landing UNDER the first photo in the JOURNAL style:

Customize, "Gallery Settings", Security and Privacy, then determine your “Maximum Display Size”, and Save.

Customize, "Customize Site".
Click the WRENCH on the photos block.
Choose “College Portrait”, then “Spacing between photos” NONE.
Photo size: Choose the largest. If this makes the (journal) photo size too big, adjust your “Maximum Display Size” in the Customize Gallery Settings.

DeeRich
www.oursite.smugmug.com"]www.oursite.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited October 20, 2014
    The defect with Journal style galleries was just fixed.

Fix announcement is in this post of the thread journal style galleries should open at the top.

I think I'd recommend using (the fixed) Journal style rather than Collage Portrait set to the largest size - you don't have control over the size of the monitor and browsing window that your viewers use. Although for those who want to use Collage style galleries with a different type of look your solution would certainly work.

--- Denise
  • Options
    DeeRichDeeRich Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2014
    The defect with Journal style galleries was just fixed.

Fix announcement is in this post of the thread journal style galleries should open at the top.

I think I'd recommend using (the fixed) Journal style rather than Collage Portrait set to the largest size - you don't have control over the size of the monitor and browsing window that your viewers use. Although for those who want to use Collage style galleries with a different type of look your solution would certainly work.

--- Denise

GOOD NEWS INDEED!!! Now to go back and change the ones I did as described above. BY the way, I had set most of them to "Fixed"...had not set as "fixed" on a couple. Anyway, I always check with friends around the country who use their cells, laptops, etc., etc., and the photos were showing as Journal as long as I had set them to be fixed.

Anyway, SO glad to see Journal now lands at the top of the page. Had not gotten the word except from you, Denise.

Dee Rich
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,237 moderator
    edited October 20, 2014
    DeeRich wrote: »
    GOOD NEWS INDEED!!! Now to go back and change the ones I did as described above. BY the way, I had set most of them to "Fixed"...had not set as "fixed" on a couple. Anyway, I always check with friends around the country who use their cells, laptops, etc., etc., and the photos were showing as Journal as long as I had set them to be fixed.

Anyway, SO glad to see Journal now lands at the top of the page. Had not gotten the word except from you, Denise.

Dee Rich
    I'm glad I saw your post!
    I was also delighted to see that Journal now shows the top of the page.

--- Denise
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited October 21, 2014
    Glad Denise beat me to it and we were able to offer a fix for you guys!
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations