Switching from regular gallery thumbnails back to square sizes does not work?

MarianaMariana Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited December 11, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Hello, I have been experiencing a problem when i try to switch my gallery thumbnails from square to original. If for any reason I choose original size and then decide that I want to switch it back to square, it wont let me??? It always stays on the original size and never goes back to square, I don't know why it does this. Can you please fix this on your end, i think it may e a bug, because it hasn't worked for over a year? :dunno

I also noticed another bug, when i upload photos I have to spend hours reorganizing them because they never upload in order. wedding are so difficult to organize because there are so many images out of order. If it's a wedding that i'm uploading, or a gallery that is larger than one page, they never upload in order no matter how perfectly i name them? I've been having problems with this for over a year also. Please help fix these bugs so it's easier for us to switch from regular gallery thumbnails back to square sizes without reloading the entire gallery and to be able to upload the images in order. Thank you so much. ~Mariana

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2011
    Hi Mariana,

Sorry about your troubles. Let me explain the thumbnail setting.

1. If you change the thumbnail setting in the gallery settings, it'll use that setting for future uploads to the gallery. If you'd like to update the existing thumbnails in a gallery, you can use the Tools button > many photos > more > adjust thumbnails tool. That'll allow you to apply the original or square thumbnails to any or all of the photos in a gallery.

2. Our uploaders may upload multiple photos at a time to optimally use your internet connection's upload speed and photos may not process in the exact order they were listed in the uploader. That shouldn't of any concern to you if your filenaming scheme is solid. You just go into the gallery settings and select the 'auto sort' by 'filename' setting. That'll ensure that your gallery is always arranged by filename. Or you can use the 'by date taken' option if you have photos from different cameras if you've made sure both cameras have proper time and date set.
    What's important when naming your files is that all filenames have an identical number of digits. For example if you have 999 or less photos you could use:
    photo001.jpg
    photo010.jpg
    photo999.jpg

If you plan on more than 999 photos, use 4 digits for the number:
    photo0001.jpg
    photo0010.jpg
    photo1999.jpg

The name before the number also needs to be identical. What you add after the numbers, is up to you. So you could add some descriptive name like that:
    photo1999 - Wedding of John and Mary.jpg

If you have further questions, email our helpdesk with details:
    http://help.smugmug.com/
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero