Options

Cannot restrict largest size

sushantsharmasushantsharma Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited November 5, 2011 in Bug Reporting
Hi,
I am trying to restrict the largest available size of images in my galleries, but it does not work. The originals are still available. Here is one of the gallery where original images can be seen, even though I have restricted the Largest Size to X-Large: http://sushant.smugmug.com/Other/Best/17439295_Ss7NKp#883173588_93AnN

Thanks,
Sushant

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    Some images are smaller than size XL - so the original is the same as XL. But we're checking now on the few images there in that gallery that are larger than XL, standby.
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Some images are smaller than size XL - so the original is the same as XL. But we're checking now on the few images there in that gallery that are larger than XL, standby.
    The 'Nature' gallery has images that are collected from other gallereis. The image security from the original gallery will be used. If originals are enabled in the original gallery, the original will be available in the collected gallery too.

Check the display size settings and protection in the original galleries to be sure there are set in the manner you are in need of.

From the help page, 'All photos that are collected into other galleries will honor the settings from the original gallery. This means that if you've applied watermarks, custom pricing, limited the largest size, etc., these will apply to the photos no matter where they are displayed."

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93310
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2011
    Thanks Rich,
    That makes sense. However, it would be nice if we could restrict the size of collected images. But I am sure there are other reasons why you haven't enabled that.

-Sushant
    richW wrote: »
    The 'Nature' gallery has images that are collected from other gallereis. The image security from the original gallery will be used. If originals are enabled in the original gallery, the original will be available in the collected gallery too.

Check the display size settings and protection in the original galleries to be sure there are set in the manner you are in need of.

From the help page, 'All photos that are collected into other galleries will honor the settings from the original gallery. This means that if you've applied watermarks, custom pricing, limited the largest size, etc., these will apply to the photos no matter where they are displayed."

http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/articles/93310
  • Options
    LindyLindy Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    Hi Sushant,

There is a really valid reason for that. Virtual copies, which include collected images, smart galleries, keyword, recent and populars will retain your original gallery settings. Those are not stand alone images, but a virtual copy of your original. It allows you to not have to worry about settings in multiple locations.

If you'd like to have the image appear in different locations, with different settings, you would be best served to make a copy, and move the copy to the new gallery, and create the settings you'd like, there.

I hope this helps you to better understand the functionality.

Lindy
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2011
    Thanks for the explanation Lindy,
    Making a copy looks like a better option.

-Sushant
    Lindy wrote: »
    Hi Sushant,

There is a really valid reason for that. Virtual copies, which include collected images, smart galleries, keyword, recent and populars will retain your original gallery settings. Those are not stand alone images, but a virtual copy of your original. It allows you to not have to worry about settings in multiple locations.

If you'd like to have the image appear in different locations, with different settings, you would be best served to make a copy, and move the copy to the new gallery, and create the settings you'd like, there.

I hope this helps you to better understand the functionality.

Lindy