Options

LR smugmug plugin sync photo issue

WoodButch4WoodButch4 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited July 4, 2016 in SmugMug Support
First of all, this has worked well since late last year.

I have two mac, both with the same version of Lightroom (latest CC). One is my "master" of all my images, an iMac running Yosemite. The other is my laptop running el Capitan. Both patched up.

The way I work. I usually import on the laptop and go through images to cull them and do preliminary edits. I'll export as a catalog and then import as catalog on the iMac. Sometimes I will upload to smugmug from the laptop and sometimes from the desktop. I use the Sync option in the Smugmug plugin to keep individual galleries the same on both systems. Just recently, on both systems, Lightroom started crashing when I do the sync. On the laptop, it was just one gallery and I finally got it to sync. I don't remember exactly the steps, but I made sure that all the photos from the gallery existed in LR and then did a full Sync of gallery structure from the Publish collection without syncing images. Then I repeated with the image box selected. It ran for a couple of hours and completed. Now the laptop is fine. BTW, it only has a subset of my images. I only keep stuff from certain shoots on it. So many of the SM galleries are empty.

So I tried that on the desktop. No luck. Went through SM Folders one at a time to identify which had problems. Crashes on several, including the one that was the culprit on the laptop. However in LR, all the images exist (and this usually isn't an issue, or wasn't).

I have logging on for the plugin. I can see it retrieve an image and start the check process. Looks like it is on third step of checking that image when it crashes. No error message in log, just ends.

So, any ideas? Next steps? Oh, I did delete the SM publish service and recreate with the same end results. Partially populated galleries in the service and crashes.

Here is a small gallery that is in question. https://woodbutcher.smugmug.com/Insects/Bees IMD_7847.jpg is the image that is dies on. There are two of them there, one is a virtual copy of the other, just a crop. This syncs fine on the laptop.

Comments

• Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2016
    If I understand you correct, WoodButch4 than you are re-reporting this error which unfortunately is a Adobe LR error/instability, so we'll got to wait until another LR update fixes it or roll back to 2015.5.

Good luck

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • Options
    WoodButch4WoodButch4 Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2016
    Yep, sounds like it. I had done some google searching, but that one didn't come up. So I'll start watching that thread for now. Thanks.
  • Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2016
    You're welcome :)
    It seems to also have an effect on using external programs with Lightroom, like the Nik Collection. I have seen it a couple of times since first trying the Nik Collection that a photo seemed not to be updated, of course the importer could not find it...but restarting LR and it was there. (Might also have been caused by the fact that I had the GPU turned odd since testing the sync process with the smug mug plugin, we'll see.)

Looking forward to a fix from Adobe...

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels