Logged out every visit

tartan snowtartan snow Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited June 22, 2016 in SmugMug Support
Every time I go on my site now I have to log in despite have the remember me box checked, I thought this was maybe a temporary glitch but has gone on for some time now and is most annoying. If I leave the site and then go back I'm logged out. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2016
    Is your web browser using any kind of a special privacy mode or cookie blocker? I think the login state/"Remember me" is saved by a cookie, so it can be forgotten if you are using a web browser in Private Browsing mode, or you have a browser extension that wipes all cookies at the end of a session, or something like that. In the browser I use, if Private Browsing is on, the login won't even carry over to another browser tab.
  • tartan snowtartan snow Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2016
    I hadn't knowingly changed anything at all for this to be happening. However last night I unchecked the 'remember me' box then re-checked it again and when I went on to it this morning I was still logged in so hopefully it stays that way.
  • ShinryaShinrya Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2016
    It's not just you. The past 2 weeks I've been getting this too, it's bloody annoying.
  • ShinryaShinrya Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2016
    aaaaannnnnndddd following me posting this, just switched back to my SM site. Logged out again!!!! A mere 2 hours after previously going through the login procedure.
  • leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited May 3, 2016
    If you can email our support heroes at help@smugmug.com we can troubleshoot further. I've checked with the team and we aren't seeing widespread cases of this issue so we may be able to troubleshoot your problem.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations
    edited May 3, 2016
    I'm not getting the problem since I did the unchecking/re-checking the remember me box, been logged in ever since. So far so good.
  • HaraldEHaraldE Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2016
    Morning.

I see the same thing, need to signin now and then. And this also applies when I use the Android app

Regards, Harald
    ==================
    My focus is on digitizing memories
    edited May 5, 2016
    Well I thought I'd solved the problem but it has returned, I found I was logged out this morning without logging out.
  • David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2016
    I have been having this problem for years and years... Remember me checked or not, seen multiple threads for years on here.. I was giving directions to help figure it out but honestly it was just overwhelming what I was asked to do when I never have this problem with amazon or many other sites like FB and the like.. I just can't fathom why this still continues to be an issue, an email to the superheroes results in the clearing of history and cookies.. Let us know if it happens again.. I can almost recite the responses..

Thanks for listening..
    edited May 6, 2016
    Yes it's something beyond just the clearing of cookies
  • dennismullendennismullen Registered Users Posts: 709 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2016
    Having the same problem lately.
    If I log in and close the program, it will open logged in one time, but the next time I open the program I'm logged out again.

Cheers,
    See my gallery at http://www.dennismullen.com
  • Dave17Dave17 Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2016
    The problem has been around for years. For me over the past year it raises it ugly head every two-three weeks. It has been happening more frequently the past few weeks.

It is a PITA!
    --Dave
    edited June 22, 2016
    Still getting this problem too. I was logged in, went to upload photos to a new gallery, selected the images to upload then started the upload only to then get logged out.