Options

1983 Lamborghini Countach LP500 S

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited February 28, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
6,500 miles and the ORIGINAL TIRES from 1983! If you're interested in seeing more, you can read more info and see more photos on my blog.

DSC_6970-XL.jpg

DSC_7083-XL.jpg

DSC_7069-Edit-XL.jpg

DSC_7260-Edit-2-XL.jpg

DSC_7170-XL.jpg

DSC_7165-XL.jpg

DSC_7220-XL.jpg

DSC_7293-Edit-2-XL.jpg

DSC_7293-Edit-2%20door%20up-XL.jpg

DSC_7306-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2015
    Really nice series, Theo. I particularly like the last three - great with the background. clap.gifthumb

(The only question I have for Lamborghini - why can't you design a decent rear window? Sitting in one, you have basically no view out the back window. Of course, you can always use your side mirrors, but......)
  • Options
    The Lazy DestroyerThe Lazy Destroyer Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2015
    Wow! Nice set and nice car! That car was always one of my favorite dream cars as a young kid
    ____Motoception Photography____
    www.motoception.com
  • Options
    moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,417 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2015
    Very nice series, Theo! Well done!
    Cavalier wrote: »
    The only question I have for Lamborghini - why can't you design a decent rear window? Sitting in one, you have basically no view out the back window.
    When you're driving a Lamborghini, do you really care what's behind you? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2015
    You're right Moose....probably not much behind anyway!
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2015
    Cavalier wrote: »
    Really nice series, Theo. I particularly like the last three - great with the background. clap.gifthumb

(The only question I have for Lamborghini - why can't you design a decent rear window? Sitting in one, you have basically no view out the back window. Of course, you can always use your side mirrors, but......)

Really hard to get visibility when you have to look over a V12 dual overhead cam engine!

And yes, great series!
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2015
    I enjoy the lighting on pix's 5, 6, 8 and 9. Very "rich" texture...pardon the pun.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2015
    They're all nice

I like #2 with the rusted door/stairs contrasting with the elegant machine

Good work
    Rags
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2015
    All great shots! How can anyone have a car like that and not get out and drive it? That's what it was made to do, not just sit in a garage.
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2015
    Oh man, that brings back a whole lot of testosterone charged lusting I had as a young bloke (strictly mechanical! Hmmm - even that doesn't sound right!).
    I used to dream of owning/driving one. Of course it never happened but great memories.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2015
    OrvSal wrote: »
    All great shots! How can anyone have a car like that and not get out and drive it? That's what it was made to do, not just sit in a garage.

Hi Orv,

If you ever drove one of those beasts, you'd understand why they usually saw very little street time. A few years ago, I had an opportunity to drive one for a short stint.....about 15 minutes. I couldn't wait to get out of it. The ergonomics inside were typical Italian fare for the time. Major control placements were somewhat at odds with each other. The most annoying aspect.....and the most fearful....was the lack of any real rearward vision. It's one thing to enjoy the visceral excitement of such a machine, it's quite another to actually have to use the car as a means of getting around. Paranoia of hurting the thing, and yourself, sets in and you find it sitting in the garage for long spells between drives. At least that was the findings of my friend who owned it. After about 5 months, he sold it.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2015
    Hi Orv,

If you ever drove one of those beasts, you'd understand why they usually saw very little street time. A few years ago, I had an opportunity to drive one for a short stint.....about 15 minutes. I couldn't wait to get out of it. The ergonomics inside were typical Italian fare for the time. Major control placements were somewhat at odds with each other. The most annoying aspect.....and the most fearful....was the lack of any real rearward vision. It's one thing to enjoy the visceral excitement of such a machine, it's quite another to actually have to use the car as a means of getting around. Paranoia of hurting the thing, and yourself, sets in and you find it sitting in the garage for long spells between drives. At least that was the findings of my friend who owned it. After about 5 months, he sold it.

Tom

So true, that's why I can look and dream and appreciate beauty without having to own it! :-)
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2015
    Great set! Love the selected scene for the contrast.