Options

Secure Folder

ImSoSmugImSoSmug Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited November 18, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to give a visitor (with the link) access to a folder and the galleries therein?
I have a folder with 4 galleries and I have set the folder security to "Unlisted (Anyone with the link); however, when copy the link, I log off and log back in with that link, I have no access to the folder nor it's contents. The link does have a code at the end, but doesn't work, here's the link.

http://jdmc.smugmug.com/OLD-FARTS/n-qWHF6

Thanks,
John

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    Every page (gallery, folder, page) that's "unlisted" will need its exact link to see it. The only way that this would work is add an
    html box to the folder page (just this folder). Then add links to all the children galleries/pages in it. You can
    add thumbs in the html.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    annnna8888annnna8888 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 936 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 18, 2014
    John, if a folder is unlisted, viewers will NOT see its contents. Only you will when you are logged in. You will have to make the Old farts folder public: go to the folder, then go to customize > folder settings > security and privacy > privacy > toggle to Public. Alternatively, use Allen's suggestion and add an HTML content block with links to galleries within that folder.

Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero
    Ana
    SmugMug Support Hero Manager
    My website: anapogacar.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    If you do add an HTML block to link to all the children make sure in each of the children gallery descriptions add a
    link back to the folder so visitors. The other then using the folder exact link visitors won't know all these are
    unlisted. In each child set the security to "inherit" so all are unlisted.

For all these make sure the end of the links have that weird number (n-xxxxxx), it's needed for unlisted pages.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    HaraldEHaraldE Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    Hello John,

With only 4 galleries I would give them 4 links, one to each gallery. That would be quite simple. But if you plan to add more galleries you will have more links to send out.

Regards, Harald
    ==================
    My focus is on digitizing memories