Options

Allowing certain people to download free??

agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited November 18, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Here is my question???? Is there a way that you can allow your pictures to be downloaded by some else?

This is what i have.......I have a coach that wants to download pictures that i have taken for a slideshow for the Volleyball team. I don't have time to set with her and plck out pictures. I was wondering if there is a way that i can allow her on her own time to go through my site and download the pictures that she wants.

Any ideas???? I know that it doesn't cost me to download, but if she does it, it will cost her a penny right??

Is there a way to get around that whole penny thing?? Also, i would only allow her to download from certain Galleries.
I am thinking i am asking to much here.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    agspecialtiesagspecialties Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2014
    Is there a way to copy a gallery and make a folder just for someone to look at and shut the right click protection off. I tried to do it with the collect option, but it didn't work.
  • Options
    herojosieherojosie Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2014
    Hi,

Using the collecting option would not work in this case because collected photos take on the gallery settings of the original gallery they are hosted in. You could manually make copies of the images and then move those copies into a separate gallery with the right click protection disabled. It might be easier though, to re-upload those images from scratch to a separate gallery rather than make copies of each image individually on SmugMug.

If you have any other questions about this, just let us know.
    Thanks,
    Josie
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    HaraldEHaraldE Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2014
    Hello

Why not just take away the right hand click protection. That will give a visitor a free range to all the images in the specific gallery. And it will not cost a penny for anyone.

I do it now and then for friends that have a genuin need to copy some of my photos. And I give them an evening to do it and then restore the options.

But this is on a Gallery level and not the whole site.

Also, if you want some protection you could temporarily set a password on that gallery.

Regards, Harald
    ==================
    My focus is on digitizing memories