Options

Rust-A-Paloosa

EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
edited February 20, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
Don't blame me - Tom started it....:D

Found some great rust and decay at the Railroad Museum yesterday..... went for a train ride too.

RustdotCom-XL.jpg

Abstract%2099-XL.jpg

Shadow%20Fe-XL.jpg
Eric ~ Smugmug

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    OH, man. Now that's some great stuff, Eric. Each one of those is really, really good....earns you a spot at the head table.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    OH, man. Now that's some great stuff, Eric. Each one of those is really, really good....earns you a spot at the head table.

Tom
    Yowza! What Tom said!

Rust Rules

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2013
    Wow, Eric... great stuff. I particularly like the first one!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    Well done Eric, I like them all, the last one specially.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited February 11, 2013
    billseye wrote: »
    Wow, Eric... great stuff. I particularly like the first one!
    15524779-Ti.gif Love #1. thumb.gif
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2013
    I have to go along with everyone else here Eric... Very nice images thumb.gif

I'm real partial to the first one. Great texture, colors, and even depth!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2013
    Ah Ha!....The Usual Suspects ...... AKA - the RUST JUNKIES .......or, as I like to call you, Los Rusty Boys. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the kind comments all you guys, - I appreciate your feedback and support!
    I suppose this type of imaging isn't for everyone, but I find it way fun and I owe it
    all to you JUNKIES for showing me the light - say AMEN! :D

Tom, I hope that table is in the Palace Saloon so we can tilt a few, and then go chase Pelicans. :D
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2013
    Now that first one would make a wonderful poster; psychedelic for sure! Love the colors in here; sure woke me up!
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2013
    Jeeze Eric, these are crazy good. Serious nice examples of tastefully applied processing per panel. 1 & 3 don't come off as extreme rendering at all. With image 1 appearing to have the least of those 2. Like you took the natural colors and filled them with as much power as they could hold and still be themselves vibrantly. While I absolutely admire image 1 and would seek out that very thing in an instant, it is image 3 that carries the day for me. This round. Image 2 is not without regard, I just find myself wanting to add what isn't there as that item can be found to the bottom and right frame. I like the seem covers and simply think I would like them seen all the way around frame. A balance and uniform geometry thing. Just saying :D Excellent results for your effort Eric. Well done indeedy. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif
    Michael
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2013
    Eia wrote: »
    Now that first one would make a wonderful poster; psychedelic for sure! Love the colors in here; sure woke me up!

Thanks a bunch for the comment Eia, appreciated. I hadn't thought of psychedelic as a descriptor for this type of image, but I think that's a good call - I was a young adult in the heyday of the psychedelic art movement and liked it then - probably explains why now, I like this type of image so much.
    DaddyO wrote: »
    Jeeze Eric, these are crazy good. Serious nice examples of tastefully applied processing per panel. 1 & 3 don't come off as extreme rendering at all. With image 1 appearing to have the least of those 2. Like you took the natural colors and filled them with as much power as they could hold and still be themselves vibrantly. While I absolutely admire image 1 and would seek out that very thing in an instant, it is image 3 that carries the day for me. This round. Image 2 is not without regard, I just find myself wanting to add what isn't there as that item can be found to the bottom and right frame. I like the seem covers and simply think I would like them seen all the way around frame. A balance and uniform geometry thing. Just saying :D Excellent results for your effort Eric. Well done indeedy. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Thanks so much Michael - I always enjoy your thoughtful observations and C&C!
    As Tom mentioned in another thread, you never know what colors will emerge until PP, and that was the case here. I quite agree with you about #2 - because of inadequate framing during the shoot, I couldn't get a full border for the final crop, and I think the image suffers as a result - but, I couldn't resist those psychedelic colors!
    #3 is the side of a caboose - that's why it's so red!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2013
    Pull-back on #3

untitled-8-2-L.jpg
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    Lots of Cabooses to choose from :D Sweet !!! How handy is that :photo
    Figured you rounded out your day by getting every little ounce out of that location to satisfy your apatite awhile. 10944573-Ti.gif
    Yet another really well seen and gathered image to add into the mix thumb.gif Terrific shot
    Michael
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2013
    Great stuff--good rust fix!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2013
    redleash wrote: »
    Great stuff--good rust fix!

Thanks for the kind comment Lauren - I'm glad to have brightened (in a rusty way) your day.
    Eric ~ Smugmug