JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited February 18, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
cz_2013_0003-2-XL.jpg

cz_2013_0003-3-XL.jpg

ccs welcome! Always...

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    Great idea and execution Cristobal - I know you like OOF, and it really works here. I haven't the courage to try it.
    Ordinary object(s) turned into artistic image.... at the Car Wash.... who knew? thumb.gif
    If mine, I would try to crop and/or clone the background peeking through on the top and right edges - but that's very likely just me, and I admit to being fairly puckered about nits. :help
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    Thanks Eric, I've been on a sort of a photographic dry spell but I thought it would be fun to try these shots. I agree with you on the cropping, I though about doing that when I saw the post again. So here are two crops-

cz_2013_0003-2-XL.jpg

cz_2013_0003-3-XL.jpg
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    Cool...
    Yeah, better I think.... eliminating those other colors keeps attention on the abstract forms.
    Dry spells happen, but often resolve when you least expect... best of luck.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2013
    I tend to be a fan of abstract (both in and out of focus). These are creative and from an unexpected subject works well in the abstract. I also think the crops are an improvement... not always the case, as there's occasionally a benefit to providing a bit of context to the abstraction. Nice stuff Cristobal!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
    edited February 15, 2013
    Thanks for the comments!
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited February 16, 2013
    Nice stuff. The crops help, but I would go even further on #1 and slice quite a bit more off the top. What I find most appealing about it is the contrast between the bright bottom and the rest. IMO, it would have more impact if the bright part had more real estate. I tried a 4 x 3 (from your revised version) anchored at the right edge and just above the small darker area at the bottom and it seemed better balanced that way. Just a thought--abstracts are pretty subjective so your take may easily be different.
    edited February 17, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion Richard, I will try a different crop on #1.
  • TravelTravel Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2013
    Great idea!
    edited February 18, 2013
    Travel wrote: »
    Great idea!

Thanks!