Options

Costa Rica

midimanmidiman Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 14, 2009 in Journeys
After a significant change in my family situation (no gory details here!!), I took my first solo trip since my younger days - one week in Costa Rica. The original purpose of the trip was to get away from it all and clear my head, but what happened was the birth of my photo hobby, and my decision to buy better gear - which I did on my return from the rain forest.

Costa Rica is a photographer's dream come true, and I never even made it to the beach. Birds, floweres, wildlife of all kinds, and some teriffic food and local beer, too.

I went during the green season, whcih meant a hour or so of rain every day, but no problmes finding good photo opportunities.

And for those who llike the nightlife, San Jose has some amazing clubs, but we'll save that for another thread.

454261495_pZkPC-L.jpg

453191135_ni6Z9-L.jpg

453169015_uRgdH-L.jpg
Canon EOS 40D, Tamron 18-250mm, Canon 100-400mm L IS, Sigma 10-12mm, plus way too much othe stuff in my camera bag.

My SmugMug
johnnytraveler

Comments

• Options
    travellerbugtravellerbug Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited January 13, 2009
    Love your shots! This is my type of shooting, off the beaten path and all the wonderful things that appear. Great job!

Holley
  • Options
    bob swansonbob swanson Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2009
    :D Costa Rica is one of my dreams. On some of the wildlife forums I belong to I've seen fantastic captures of humming birds and such. Sorry for the circumstances that got you to CR but glad you enjoyed yourself.
    bsvirginianthumb.gif