Pagbilao, Quezon Philippines

gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
edited January 21, 2009 in Journeys
Went back home for the first time in 15 years. I envy my people, no hustle no bustle. Just live life as it comes.

99.jpg

36.jpg

104.jpg

4.182.jpg

5.98.jpg
http://www.reverbphotography.com
Nikon D300
Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
Nikkor 80-200 AF-D ED f/2.8
2 Alien Bees AB800
Nikon Speedlight SB800
Elinchrome Skyport Triggers

Comments

• clemensphoto'sclemensphoto's Registered Users Posts: 647 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Very nice photosclap.gifclap.gif
    Ryan Clemens
    www.clemensphotography.us
    Canon 7D w/BG-E7 Vertical Grip, Canon 50D w/ BG-E2N Vertical Grip, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM, Canon 18-55mm, Canon 580EX II Flash and other goodies.
    Ignorance is no excuss, so lets DGrin!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    wonderful
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • BriggieBriggie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2009
    Super sharp!!! I'm ALL OVER 2 and 3!! clap.gifbow
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..."

My Smug Gallery
  • redriskerredrisker Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Great pictures!
    I've been to Pagbilao as well, I think four years ago. We stayed at a very secluded private "resort" whose name escapes me now but I remember it being near the Pagbilao Power Plant. I said "resort", with quotes, as the place didn't have electricity nor running water (we have to order fresh water to be fetched somewhere); but at least the place did have rest rooms. It was the first time I used the rest room using sea water. :D But the place was very beautiful, almost-white sand, very quiet and serene; a real hidden treasure. We're already planning to come back there within the year.
  • gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    redrisker wrote:
    Great pictures!
    I've been to Pagbilao as well, I think four years ago. We stayed at a very secluded private "resort" whose name escapes me now but I remember it being near the Pagbilao Power Plant. I said "resort", with quotes, as the place didn't have electricity nor running water (we have to order fresh water to be fetched somewhere); but at least the place did have rest rooms. It was the first time I used the rest room using sea water. :D But the place was very beautiful, almost-white sand, very quiet and serene; a real hidden treasure. We're already planning to come back there within the year.

I know the place your talking about, it's called kwebang lampas. Small beach cave in the end. Very pretty. I'm headed back with my wife and inlaws this April. Next time you go back you should check out Pueblo por la Playa. It's a private country club style resort. You'll need someone who's already a member to get in for a stay though.

The beach pics above were actually taken across from the power plant. We own a beach front property close to there, in Bantigue.

183.jpg
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    edited January 20, 2009
    gmonkeh wrote:
    I know the place your talking about, it's called kwebang lampas. Small beach cave in the end. Very pretty. I'm headed back with my wife and inlaws this April. Next time you go back you should check out Pueblo por la Playa. It's a private country club style resort. You'll need someone who's already a member to get in for a stay though.
    Indeed it is! Now, that's what it's called. I remember the cave being dry during low tides and having chest-high water on high tides. I wonder how the place looks now.

Will certainly be checking Pueblo por la Playa; just have to hunt someone I know who's from there :D
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    What great shots...very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Very nice. My wife is Filipina, born in the US. Her parents have a home there where they spend half the year. They are there now. They want us to go but we always end up planning other destinations for our vacations. I really want to go but my wife isn't as keen on it. Maybe next year. Hopefully I can use these pics as a motivation.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • gmonkehgmonkeh Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Very nice. My wife is Filipina, born in the US. Her parents have a home there where they spend half the year. They are there now. They want us to go but we always end up planning other destinations for our vacations. I really want to go but my wife isn't as keen on it. Maybe next year. Hopefully I can use these pics as a motivation.

You really should talk your wife into going. There are some areas that leave a lot to be desired but also places that will take your breath away. Google, Palawan, El Nido in Boracay, Tagaytay, Puerto Galera. We were gonna try to go to Palawan, it's protected by nature conservists and is untouched / un sullied by industry, but we only have 14 days and we have to meet family.
    Nikon D300
    Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8
    2 Alien Bees AB800
    Nikon Speedlight SB800
    edited January 21, 2009
    gmonkeh wrote:
    You really should talk your wife into going. There are some areas that leave a lot to be desired but also places that will take your breath away. Google, Palawan, El Nido in Boracay, Tagaytay, Puerto Galera. We were gonna try to go to Palawan, it's protected by nature conservists and is untouched / un sullied by industry, but we only have 14 days and we have to meet family.
    This is really waaaay off-topic, but anyway :D: Those are the more famous ones at least. It's probably a good thing to check out other lesser-known spots such as CamSur (not just the CamSur Watersports Complex but the "natural" spots around it) and the whole of CARAMOAN area. While you're in the area, might as well go to Donsol (Sorsogon) where, if lucky, you can swim with the famous butandings (whale shark).

You might also want to go to Romblon which is just a boat or helicopter ride away from Boracay. Mt. Pinatubo (yes, the infamous one), is now a tourist spot and perfect if you are into trekking. And if you really want to see nature at its best, don't forget to visit Batanes. It's the nothern-most part of the country, but make sure you'll visit it during the right season (typhoons in that area are really fierce).

Btw, El Nido is in Palawan, not in Boracay :D