Options

LR Plugin adding %20 to photo titles where spaces should be

androidtandroidt Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited May 4, 2016 in SmugMug Support
I publish to SmugMug with the Lightroom plug-in. All of the photo meta data is input in lightroom. The problem I have is that when uploaded to SmugMug, the titles and some keywords have "%20" or "2C" where there should be a space or comma. For example, instead of "Morning Glow" for a title, it reads "Morning%20Glow". There are also some keywords that have a similar problem with the commas where it inserts "2C" instead of a comma. Weird thing is, not all pictures and keywords are affected. Pictures that have been on my website for many months display fine unless they are republished in LR and then the "%20" is added where there should be spaces. I also changed a few titles in SmugMug and removed the "%20" and it displays correctly until I republish the photo in LR and then the "%20" is added back.

Here is another similar thread but no resolution was posted. One user thought the problem may be related to the Windows Character Set or keyboard input language. I live in the U.S. and use whatever the default windows settings are for the English language.

Please help. Here is a gallery that shows the problem with the titles and keywords.

Comments

• Options
    FergusonFerguson Registered Users Posts: 1,339 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2016
    For something that looks actually broken like this you might contact help@smugmug.com, while developers do check in here, it is mostly about peer to peer support.

I did just try version 3.0.6.0 of the plugin on windows 10, and sent up a title of "Test Title" and a caption of "Test Caption" and they appeared exactly like that, without the %20 in them.

If you think it's the plugin and care to experiment a bit, you might turn on debugging in the Plugin Manager (set to verbose), clear the log, just to be safe restart lightroom, then publish a file and see what you get in the log. I am sure that the help desk would appreciate such a log if indeed it does not work correctly. I would recommend doing that, see if there's anything obvious in that helps you, but if not send that off with a description of the problem to the help desk. They answer pretty quickly, and at least when he's in town, the LR Plugin developer is also very responsive to fixing any bugs.
  • Options
    androidtandroidt Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2016
    Ferguson wrote: »
    For something that looks actually broken like this you might contact help@smugmug.com, while developers do check in here, it is mostly about peer to peer support.

I did just try version 3.0.6.0 of the plugin on windows 10, and sent up a title of "Test Title" and a caption of "Test Caption" and they appeared exactly like that, without the %20 in them.

If you think it's the plugin and care to experiment a bit, you might turn on debugging in the Plugin Manager (set to verbose), clear the log, just to be safe restart lightroom, then publish a file and see what you get in the log. I am sure that the help desk would appreciate such a log if indeed it does not work correctly. I would recommend doing that, see if there's anything obvious in that helps you, but if not send that off with a description of the problem to the help desk. They answer pretty quickly, and at least when he's in town, the LR Plugin developer is also very responsive to fixing any bugs.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have generated the log file and contacted the help desk and am awaiting their response.
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 4, 2016
    Based on the UserAgent strings on your account, the version of the plugin that you are using is somewhere between 1 and 3 years old, upgrade to the most recent version and you should be fine.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos