Options

Sharing to FB issues

BonitaLBonitaL Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 25, 2016 in SmugMug Support
First time poster... but user of smugmug for a year.
I have noticed that when I share to facebook from my smugmug page, by using the share/social/facebook link that my photos look fuzzy and depending on how the original is cropped it sometimes shows a cut off version of the photo. This isn't acceptable. I don't get satisfactory results by picking the size and posting the code either.
So, am I doing something wrong?

FB is my primary means of sharing my work and I find this very frustrating as I would like to share most of my photos from smugmug for several reasons, but the results are not good.
Help please!

Comments

• Options
    TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2016
    Can you please email us at help@smugmug.com from you email address on file for your account. Please also include a link to the photo you are posting. This will give us more details so we can troubleshoot the issue.
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited April 25, 2016
    Hi BonitaL,
    Would you mind clarifying a few things for me:
    1) when you say it shows a cut-off version, are you talking about the preview thumbnail or the actual photo when viewed in Facebook's Lightbox (large view with black background)?
    2) Have you tried taking the same photo and uploading it directly to Facebook to see if it looks fuzzy (Facebook does compress images way more than we do).
    3) Last question, does your SmugMug gallery have a "Maximum Display Size" setting set? If so, what is it? (a link to the gallery/photo could also help!)
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations