Friedl Plugin

ReignReign Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited March 18, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Anyone ever have any trouble uploading photos with Friedl's plugin? I've been using it for years now, but last night I couldn't get certain photos to upload. I queued 10 photos and only 4 went up. Kept trying and the 6 photos that didn't go up just won't go up. I deleted the gallery, created a new one and re-uped the same 10 photos... the same 6 wouldn't go up. Using LR4 and I updated the plugin in the middle of all this. Both the older one and the update didn't work.

I needed to get to bed, but I'll try again later tonight to see if I am having trouble with other photos.

Weird.
www.nathantpham.com (your comments and suggestions are welcomed)

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2015
    G'day Nathan,

I took a look at your upload log, which shows two upload errors...

upload-log.png

The first error "incorrect file" means that the file size we received didn't match what we were expecting. The 2nd error results from the gallery being deleted from SmugMug.

As a side note, the friedl plugin raises an error as soon as it encounters an error during the upload process....which results in it block other actions within LR and cancels the upload process. The official SmugMug plugin continues to try to upload the other images and displays an error message with failed uploads at the end of the upload process.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • ReignReign Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    devbobo wrote: »
    G'day Nathan,

I took a look at your upload log, which shows two upload errors...

Oh, you guys can look up error logs? That's cool! I just renewed my membership and was wondering a bit if I should have gone to a competitor... but then, I'm really glad to have the support group here.

Anyway... I tried uploading maybe 6 or 7 times and it's just registered two errors? I did delete the gallery once, but not in the middle of an upload. On just about every occasion, LR rendered, uploaded and moved onto the next file without an error message. It launches the page once finished and every time it was missing the 6 other images.

I brought work home tonight (my day job - nonphoto related) and might not have a chance to fiddle till later.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 17, 2015
    You can view your upload logs as well from your Account Settings....

SmugMug---Account-Settings.png

I've checked our backend logs and I only have 2 upload errors (60 successful uploads) for you in the past 24 hours. I can't be sure what friedl's plugin is doing in the background.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • ReignReign Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2015
    Lol... 60 successful uploads means 6 attempts of the same 10 photos.

The mystery might not ever be solved. It's now uploading just fine. Weird. I didn't change the steps at all... just gave it 24+ hours and tried it once more before doing something else.