Options

Upload a flyer to smugug?

muddyrabbitmuddyrabbit Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 18, 2015 in SmugMug Support
Twice a year on ADVRider.com I am tasked with starting a thread for 2 charity rides. I always include the event flyer as an image so it is easy to find and print. For example here is last years:

hanging%20rock%20200%202014%20flier%20proof%202-page-001%201-L.jpg

Ta da!

Obviously last years is in my Smugmug gallery, and all is well...

Here is my problem, every year the flyer gets emailed to me as a word document and a PDF (I get both), and every year I have to screw around trying to figure out how to get Smugmug to let me upload it. This year I cannot remember how the hell I do it. Did I somehow convert the file type to a jpeg? Dunno...

HELP!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Lille UlvenLille Ulven Registered Users Posts: 567 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    Do you have by chance installed GIMP (I don't have Photoshop so I cannot speak for that one - but GIMP is freeware anyway, so it won't cost you your last shirt)? If so you can open that pdf-file in GIMP and export it to JPEG (or a bunch of other formats).
    If you are using a Mac, you could use Preview instead for the conversion. Open your file with preview and than choose File -> Export and choose JPEG as a format.

You could also try and download your flyer from your smug mug gallery and see in what filetype it comes - if it's a JPEG than you've most certainly converted it :)

And to remember what you've done to make it happen the next time: what about adding a private help-page to your site, which only you can see, where you describe step by step what you've done to your files. That way you'll know next time - unless of course you forget about your own help-page :D

Good luck

Lille Ulven
    https://www.lilleulven.smugmug.com - The Photos of my travels
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2015
    Google's your friend :D

If you don't have Photoshop or GIMP or something similar, you can try

http://pdf2jpg.net/
  • Options
    muddyrabbitmuddyrabbit Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited March 18, 2015
    Google is my friend, but my searches did not yield either of those results. So I asked smart people, thanks for the help!